Aller au contenu

BEYONCÉ ACT II COWBOY CARTER (29 MARS 2024) : TEXAS HOLD EM/16 CARRIAGES

Messages recommandés

De nombreux sites annoncent la tournée des stades pour le printemps/l'été 2023 avec une mise en vente en octobre.

Elle a toujours fait au minimum 2 dates en France (hormis pour Formation). Paris et une date en province (Marseille, Lyon, Strasbourg, Lille, Amnéville, Montpellier et Nice). Donc on peut espérer au minimum 2 stades.

• Like 2
Citation

One of the Biggest Trends at NYFW Didn’t Involve Clothes

Beyoncé was everywhere during New York Fashion Week. Well, her voice at least. 

While there were plenty of trends emerging throughout the week—Rapunzel-length hair, skirts over pants, monochromatic styling—perhaps the biggest and most zeitgeisty trend of the week did not involve clothes at all. It was more of a soundtrack, a soundscape, and a mood all rolled into one. Beyoncé’s ballroom-inspired album Renaissance. 

Tracks from the singer’s latest album blared out at shows across the city. This is not too surprising for a major singer like Beyoncé, who can sell out a stadium in seconds, but her wide-ranging presence throughout the week did feel notable. Tia Adeola played “Heated” during her show. LaQuan Smith played “Thique” and “Pure/Honey.” Frederick Anderson closed out his show with “Break My Soul.” For Opening Ceremony’s 20th Anniversary blowout, every other song seemed to be from Renaissance (with a few older tracks from Beyoncé’s discography thrown into the mix, as well). Kevin Aviance, whose thunderous voice appears on the magnum opus as a sample, even performed during OC’s grand affair midway through, providing bonafide vogue glamor. And love for the top charting album was not limited to designers of color. Tommy Hilfiger, who presented his collection during a rainstorm in Brooklyn, included at least four tracks from the album in his presentation. 

“I think you can feel a lot of the pent up energy and the need for collective and individual joy that this album brings to people,” says Oscar Nuñez, who DJ’ed at the Opening Ceremony party. He played “Alien Superstar” and “Heated” during his sets. In Nuñez’s opinion, the album matches up to the joyous and triumphant energy that dominated NYFW this season, after nearly two years of COVID restrictions and, consequently, more muted—and masked up—shows.

“We've been through a lot in the last two years and we're still going through it,” says Nuñez, who is also a co-founder of Papi Juice, a collective that throws parties for QTPOCs. “So I feel like this album is a great joyful release for a lot of us, especially when we get to experience it together.” 

Designer Frederick Anderson says “Break My Soul”—the lead track from Renaissance— played a crucial role in the creation process of his spring 23 collection—by happenstance or osmosis. “Renaissance was on constant repeat as I designed, styled, and prepared spring 23,” the designer says. The result: looser and sexier tailoring on the signature crochet tops and slit dresses that Anderson sent out on the runway. To Anderson, the inspirational track aligns with the times. “'Break my Soul' is the perfect song—anthem really—at the perfect moment,” he says. “As we all start a new “post-COVID” life in a changed world that still continues to surprise us daily. Throw whatever you want at me, I can take it…..You cannot and won’t break my soul!”

Designers connecting to an album declared by The Cut as the start of Beyoncé’s “capital-F Fashion era” makes sense. The singer mentions a bevy of designer names on the tracks, including Telfar, Hermès, and Tiffany. Beyoncé has worn a number of knockout pieces by knockout designers in the album’s Studio 54-tinged promotional imagery: Schiaparelli, Mugler by Casey Cadwallader, Balenciaga, Maison Alaïa by Pieter Mulier. At the same time, there has always been a deep connection between the underground ballroom culture and fashion, where many houses pay homage to designers through their names (i.e. House of Mizrahi, House of Balmain, etc.) 

My colleague José Criales-Unzueta, fashion news writer at Vogue Runway, says the crowds at fashion shows—a notoriously stoic bunch—would noticeably perk up whenever Renaissance tracks came on at shows, particularly at LaQuan Smith. “You could feel the mood in those rooms lift and see some folks mouth the lyrics and connect with each other through it,” they say. 

This was exactly the intention for Smith, who put together his runway soundtrack with help from powerhouse DJ Diplo (who, coincidentally, produced Beyoncé’s explosive 2011 single “Run the World”). “When I came to Diplo about curating the sound, it was only fitting to add a few songs from the album,” Smith says. “We also played the album backstage and at our lookbook shoot. The songs are sexy and bold just like what my collections embody.” There is an aesthetic alignment: Smith designed a dress Beyoncé recently wore in a Tiffany & Co. campaign, which matched the visual codes of Renassiance’s ballroom-inspired album imagery.

As the fashion weeks rage on in cities across the world—namely Milan and Paris— it will be interesting to see if the singer’s voice also dominates the runways. Either way, the album is still resonating strongly with the fashion crowd over here in New York. “How many times is too many times to listen to Renaissance a day?” a fashion PR agent joked to me this week. “I’m currently at two-three times.” 

https://www.vogue.com/article/beyonce-fashion-week-renaissance/amp

Photos exclusives dans l'édition collector du vinyle

• Like 7

Self-Titled et Lemonade dans le classement des meilleurs albums des 15 dernières années de Consequence of Sound:

Citation

02. Beyoncé – Lemonade (2016)
Beyoncé’s 2016 surprise-released visual album is at once deeply personal and sweepingly political. Written in the aftermath of JAY-Z’s infamous infidelity, the artist works through grief and anger (“Pray You Catch Me,” “Don’t Hurt Yourself”) and emerges as the bad bitch she always was (“Sorry”), with a stronger relationship to boot (“All Night”). But while marital breakdown is a common musical theme, Lemonade is told explicitly through the perspective of a Black woman, the most disrespected, most unprotected, most neglected person in America.
“Becky with the good hair” from “Sorry” diminishes white beauty standards, while “Don’t Hurt Yourself” and “Daddy Lessons” lay claim to rock and roll and country, two whitewashed genres rooted in Black history. But Lemonade’s most resounding statement remains “Formation,” a love letter to Southern Black culture in all its forms. Here, Beyoncé celebrates baby hair and Afros, Negro noses with Jackson Five nostrils. In the music video, she sits atop a sinking cop car in a flooded New Orleans. Manicured Black women fan themselves inside a plantation home, and Beyoncé repeats that she “just might be a Black Bill Gates in the making.”

Still, while important to flip these class scripts, the artist also celebrates the Black working class, depicting everyday folks rocking their slides in the gas station and touting trips to Red Lobster as a coveted outing. After all, she’s earned all this money, but you’ll never take the country out of her. And for us country folks, it means a lot to be seen. — Carys Anderson

Citation

37. Beyoncé – Beyoncé (2013)
It was the surprise release to end all other surprise releases. Beyoncé’s self-titled LP, her fifth studio album, is a dark, artful visual album that felt like the superstar at her most creatively free. Beyoncé features an experimental Queen Bey, using traditional R&B sounds as a launching pad for something bigger and more exciting.

Consider some of the most well-loved tracks from the album as a starting point: Beyoncé features “Drunk in Love,” “Pretty Hurts,” and “Partition.” When each track is paired with its visual accompaniment, though, is when the album really becomes a work of art that set the stage for the Beyoncé we have been lucky enough to experience since. — M. Siroky

Révélation

Top 75 Albums of the Last 15 Years

These are the albums that we haven't stopped spinning over the past 15 years

01. Kendrick Lamar – To Pimp a Butterfly (2015)
02. Beyoncé – Lemonade (2016)
03. Kanye West – My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy (2010)
04. Fiona Apple – The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do (2012)
05. Taylor Swift – 1989 (2014)
06. Lady Gaga – The Fame Monster (2009)
07. Radiohead – In Rainbows (2007)
08. Frank Ocean – Channel Orange (2012)
09. Janelle Monae – Dirty Computer (2018)
10. Adele – 21 (2011)
11. Kamasi Washington – Heaven and Earth (2018)
12. Jamila Woods – LEGACY! LEGACY! (2019)
13. Vampire Weekend – Modern Vampires of the City (2013)
14. Kendrick Lamar – good kid, m.A.A.d city (2012)
15. David Bowie – ★ (2016)
16. Fiona Apple – Fetch the Bolt Cutters (2020)
17. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit – The Nashville Sound (2017)
18. Frank Ocean – Blonde (2016)
19. Daft Punk – Random Access Memories (2013)
20. Arcade Fire – The Suburbs (2010)
21. SZA – Ctrl (2017)
22. Kacey Musgraves – Golden Hour (2018)
23. Bon Iver – Bon Iver (2011)
24. Solange – A Seat at the Table (2016)
25. Turnstile – GLOW ON (2021)
26. Pusha T – Daytona (2018)
27. The National – High Violet (2010)
28. Bad Bunny – X 100PRE (2018)
29. St. Vincent – MASSEDUCTION (2017)
30. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – Piñata (2014)
31. Jamie xx – In Colour (2015)
32. Phoenix – Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix (2009)
33. Against Me! – Transgender Dysphoria Blues (2014)
34. Noname – Room 25 (2018)
35. Florence + the Machine – Lungs (2009)
36. Titus Andronicus – The Monitor (2010)
37. Beyoncé – Beyoncé (2013)
38. LCD Soundsystem – Sound of Silver (2007)
39. Phoebe Bridgers – Punisher (2020)
40. JAY-Z – 4:44 (2017)
41. Behemoth – The Satanist (2014)
42. Katy Perry – Teenage Dream (2010)
43. Vince Staples – Big Fish Theory (2017)
44. Yeah Yeah Yeahs – It’s Blitz! (2009)
45. Gorillaz – Plastic Beach (2010)
46. Kaytranada – 99% (2016)
47. Mitski – Be the Cowboy (2018)
48. Saba – CARE FOR ME (2018)
49. Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga (2007)
50. Sharon Van Etten – Remind Me Tomorrow (2019)
51. BTS – Map of the Soul: 7 (2020)
52. MGMT – Oracular Spectacular (2007)
53. Billie Eilish – WHEN WE ALL FALL ASLEEP, WHERE DO WE GO? (2019)
54. Deafheaven – Sunbather (2013)
55. Kanye West – Yeezus (2013)
56. Thundercat – Drunk (2017)
57. The War on Drugs – Lost in the Dream (2014)
58. M.I.A. – Kala (2007)
59. The xx – xx (2009)
60. Foo Fighters – Wasting Light (2011)
61. Harry Styles – Fine Line (2019)
62. Tyler, the Creator – Igor (2019)
63. HAIM – Days Are Gone (2013)
64. Run the Jewels – Run the Jewels 2 (2014)
65. Waxahatchee – Saint Cloud (2020)
66. Angel Haze – Reservation (2012)
67. Carly Rae Jepsen – E•MO•TION (2015)
68. Big Thief – Capacity (2017)
69. Cardi B – Invasion of Privacy (2018)
70. Japanese Breakfast – Jubilee
71. Rihanna – ANTI (2016)
72. Lana Del Rey – Born to Die (2012)
73. Oneohtrix Point Never – Replica (2011)
74. Animal Collective – Merriweather Post Pavillion (2009)
75. Lorde – Melodrama (2017)

https://consequence.net/2022/09/best-albums-last-15-years-list/

• Like 4

Arrêtez vos conneries, elle aurait stagné avec son père. Sans Matthew Knowles, pas de Beyoncé, c'est évident, il est responsable de sa discipline, sa rage et son ambition marketing (qui a présagé son ambition artistique). Mais l'ascension opérée à partir de 4 (moment clé étant la perf aux BMA) n'aurait jamais été possible avec lui, et cela coïncide avec sa prise d'indépendance. De 4 à BEYONCÉ, elle a accompli une transition dans sa carrière digne d'être analysée dans des bouquins d'université. Aujourd'hui, Beyoncé est respectée dans le monde entier, même les papiers pointus se sentent obligés d'évoquer Beyoncé et sa musique. Là où auparavant, sous l'égide de Matthew, Beyoncé était considérée à l'international comme une simple pétasse R&B avec une musique peu qualitative, limite on ne reconnaissait même pas sa force scénique et maîtrise vocale. Donc stop avec son padre.

• Like 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Kinderfeld changed the title to BEYONCÉ ACT II COWBOY CARTER (29 MARS 2024) : TEXAS HOLD EM/16 CARRIAGES
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...