Aller au contenu

Björk - Utopia, le 24/11.

Messages recommandés

Interview pour The Guardian, avec une description détaillée d'Utopia en général et de quelques chansons.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/nov/12/bjork-utopia-interview-people-miss-the-jokes

I don’t know that I got all this from one listen, though the sense of wildlife, physical space and bliss was very strong. My notes say things like “epic, full of nature”, “rattle (monkey sounds)”, “flutes gorgeous, beats tough, transcendent”. I did get the idea of a new place, of women supporting women, of rejecting old systems (in Tabula Rasa, she sings: “break the chains of the fuck-ups of our fathers”). There’s also – excitingly – strong hints of a new lover (Blissing Me: “I fall in love with his song”). And the feeling of the end of a difficult relationship, of moving forward (Sue Me).

She thinks of Utopia as having three parts. The discovery of the island, the living there day to day, and then, more prosaically, how humans survive difficult times. One of the songs, Body Memory, is about how your body can get you through trauma when your head and heart can’t.

And so she wrote Body Memory to remind herself that she is able to move through grief, get past Vulnicura and survive. She wrote six verses, to herself, about “destiny, love, another about sex, another about motherhood, one verse – and this has been a struggle for me – is urban, another rural nature”. The verses are reminding her not to think too much, “not be neurotic, just do this”.

• Like 4

La tracklist officiel d'Utopia

1 Arisen My Senses (4:59)
2 Blissing Me (5:05)
3 The Gate (6:33)
4 Utopia (4:42)
5 Body Memory (9:46)
6 Features Creatures (4:49)
7 Courtship (4:44)
8 Losss (6:51)
9 Sue Me (4:57)
10 Tabula Rasa (4:42)
11 Claimstaker (3:18)
12 Paradisia (1:44)
13 Saint (4:41)
14 Future Forever (4:47)

C'est moi ou c'est la première fois qu'un titre de son album soit aussi le titre d'une chanson.

Modifié par Mathias Angel
  • Like 4

C'est très bizarre cette coupe de cheveux et cette grosse tâche rouge.

J'ai écouté deux fois "Blissing me" et l'ambiance musicale est superbe, tout le début me séduit énormément. Je préfère ce titre largement à "Moon" mais je fais partie des personnes qui n'accrochent pas du tout à Biophilia. Quelques parentés mais pas tant que cela à mon sens. Je trouve "Blissing me" beaucoup plus riche musicalement. Plus émouvant. On retrouve les jeux d'échos vocaux propres à Björk. C'est le nombre de pistes qui me fait peur pour ce nouvel album. Néanmoins, j'ai hâte de pouvoir l'écouter en entier et étant pris du vendredi 24 (à moins de me réveiller dans la nuit lol du jeudi au vendredi pour écouter ou de me coucher tard), je me ferai une vrai écoute que le dimanche 26 probablement.

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...