tumblr_on1e4dghWV1tyvm8eo1_1280.jpg

+

tumblr_on0kl6N0zR1tyvm8eo1_1280.jpg

+

tumblr_on1yxu2raq1vpq2mgo1_1280.jpg

(perfection)

+

Extraits :

They always say the second album is difficult, but so far I’m really happy with this one. There are real signs of growth and development. Hopefully, as a human being, I’m growing too, in my knowledge and perception.” [still, like so many, he gets “too wrapped up”] in his social media. “I’m scrolling and scrolling and I’m, like, ‘I have to stop’, but I can’t, so I delete the app from my phone. And download it again the next day or whatever.

I have no idea why. It was obviously a marketing strategy to appeal to different areas of female personalities and wants and needs. ‘I might want a cute one’, ‘I might want a cheeky one’, ‘I might want a mysterious one’, that’s all it was.” [He’s smiling — he doesn’t seem bitter about having been a pick’n’mix pop puppet.] “It’s cool, that’s life, I guess. I don’t really think of myself as mysterious, but maybe I am.

Maybe it’s a psychological thing, or I’m creating an alter ego, but it’s fun to banter with your evil twin,’ he says, rolling up his trouser leg to show me a tattoo on his calf that says ‘Rodger’ in scrawled letters, near a tattoo of Jack Nicholson as The Joker. ‘He’s quite influential, that Rodger. He’s done a couple of songs on the new album. He’s off fishing today.’

He has deliberately surrounded himself with a music management team of strong, middle-aged women. Coming from a matriarchal family, he likes it that way. He seems in good hands. “I now have no problem with anxiety. It was something I was dealing with in the band,” he says. Did sharing his eating problem help? “Yes. People saw strength in that, and they didn’t seem to expect it from a guy, but they expect it from a female, which to me is crazy. We’re all human. People are often afraid to admit difficulties, but I don’t believe that there should be a struggle with anything that’s the truth.”

I think there’s a strength in expressing emotion. If you were a guy, you used to have to be really masculine, but now expressing emotion is accepted and respected.

They’re a hugely visible couple, who have been together since late 2015, and play out their love affair in fashion magazine shoots and the sexy video they filmed together for Pillowtalk — in which Zayn sings a passionate chorus that “f****** and fighting on is our paradise and it’s our war zone”. Why a war zone? “I don’t actually mean it’s a war zone,” he says slowly. “It’s a… metaphor for different things.” I pull a face. Zayn. I think we can do a little better than that. He takes the hint, draws breath and digs a bit deeper. “Love hurts,” he says. “Love is hard. Maybe my experiences of love up to writing that album were new and hard.”

• Like 3
  • Ostrea changed the title to Zayn ♚ | Better
  • Ostrea changed the title to Zayn - What I Am | Album : "Room Under The Stairs" 17/05
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...