1. 1. Zayn, vous le préferez...

• Pop
    • RnB
    • Un mélange des deux
    • Autre chose

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...

Il va bientôt sortir son bouquin, dont voici quelques extraits :

Every lyric I’ve ever written has a story behind it. All the hard work that went into the creation of ‘Pillowtalk’ was worthwhile because, as soon as it was finished, I intuitively felt I was on the right path. It was a sick cut, nailing the exact sound I wanted to capture in my music. I was also able to sing about a subject that I hadn’t really been able to go near while I was in One Direction: sex.

I remember the first time we went into the studio with him, I thought he was a bit of a weirdo. Not in a bad way, I have my fair share of weirdness at times. Malay was just such a strange, unique human being. First off, he started every session by describing some crazy fancy bottle of red wine that he and his buddy Manny (who mixed half my album) were currently ‘really into’. I had barely ever drunk red wine before, I’m more of a beer or whisky guy, but Malay somehow got me into drinking wine. I still don’t do the swirl it around in the glass thing though – I’ll leave that one to him.

(Malay) Zayn is a true artist. He’s got vision and he’s pretty clear about what he wants to do. It also helps that he’s really creative – he’s always drawing, painting or writing stuff; he’s reading all the time, and it comes out in his lyrics. He’s just forever exercising that part of his brain, and I’m excited to see where he ends up. This is just the beginning for him. Now that he’s getting started, I can only imagine where he’s going to be in a few years.

One day when I was working with Malay, we got to talking about my dad. I was telling Malay about my relationship with him and how important it was for me to do well for him, to earn his approval. My dad’s a hard worker and he has strong values. He was a personal trainer and is solidly built, and he used to go on at me all the time about being a good student and getting the right education. He wanted the best for me, and I wanted to please him in return…. I wanted to show him, as much as everyone else, that I could do it, and once the tracks started coming together with Malay and a number of other producers I’d been working with, I began to feel that I was really able to express myself vocally and I hoped my parents were going to see it from my side.

Malay had his portable recording rig with him and the pair of us were talking about the Pakistani musician Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. I was really into him, because my dad had played his music a lot at home; I loved that the dude sang in Urdu, for one thing. A lot of people who know his music reckon he was one of the greatest artists of all time. He also turned a lot of people on to qawwali music.

Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan passed away in 1997, but in May 2016 I heard talk that his nephew wanted to perform with me, to do a gig somewhere in India. He had taken on being the main guy in the band after his uncle’s death and, once he’d heard the story of “Flower,” he reached out. Doing something with him — anything — would be an honour. Fingers crossed we can make it work.

I’d been listening to a lot of tracks by the Beatles when I was working on it. I had really got into some of their more psychedelic stuff, like ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’ from the 1967 album Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. The piano chords at the start of ‘Fool for You,’ and the guitars, were inspired by the Beatles’ sound…I like to draw on the influence of all sorts of music and artists.

…when I was still in One Direction, fans would write stories based on me and the other lads and publish them online. I’m not gonna lie, it’s pretty unnerving reading things about yourself as a character from somebody else’s imagination - but it’s cool to see that so many fans engaged with the band on their own terms like that. It’s crazy to think that we inspired so many different stories and the opportunity for so much creativity from so many people all over the world. My favourite stuff, personally, is fan art. I love seeing how many different ways people interpret my lyrics and my style, and it’s so cool that they share that with me. It’s also weirdly touching to see how many talented people out there choose to apply that talent to something connected with me and my music. It’s really humbling.

When I’d finally finished recording Mind of Mine, I realized I had put down forty-eight songs. I couldn’t believe we had so many. It was a nightmare choosing the final list, especially because all the songs meant a lot to me, and I procrastinated as much as I could before making my decision. In the end, it all came together; the songs chosen for the album spoke for themselves.

“I’d been listening to a lot of tracks by the Beatles when I was working on it. I had really got into some of their more psychedelic stuff, like ‘Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds’ from the 1967 album Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band. The piano chords at the start of ‘Fool for You,’ and the guitars, were inspired by the Beatles’ sound…I like to draw on the influence of all sorts of music and artists.

etc.

+

quelques nouvelles photos :

tumblr_ofjullxNrw1sqano1o2_r1_500.jpg

tumblr_ofjze7AzmH1tyvm8eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ofm33qYMP61tyvm8eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ofm387XwFA1tyvm8eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_ofmq12ktsg1rhqshho1_500.jpg

tumblr_ofmpixTIn21tyvm8eo1_500.jpg

tumblr_oeurmd2oOI1rhqshho1_500.jpgtumblr_oeurgkpxoi1rhqshho1_500.jpg

+

Il a été nominé dans les catégories suivantes pour les People's Choice Awards :

Favorite Pop Artist
Favorite Breakout Artist
Favorite Song: PILLOWTALK
Favorite Album: Mind of Mine
Favorite Male Artist

• Like 1
  • 2 semaines après...

Je suis "contente" que la question sorte car :

1. on parle très rarement d'anorexie masculine. Celle-ci est certes très minoritaire, mais elle existe.

2. comme disait Mono, ça fera un peu taire les fans aveugles qui, sur ce forum et ailleurs, osaient dire qu'il était mince mais normal. Qu'on en soit arrivé à penser cette dégaine "normale" en dit long sur la déformation physique dans laquelle on baigne.

• Like 3

2. comme disait Mono, ça fera un peu taire les fans aveugles qui, sur ce forum et ailleurs, osaient dire qu'il était mince mais normal. Qu'on en soit arrivé à penser cette dégaine "normale" en dit long sur la déformation physique dans laquelle on baigne.

Je rebondis là-dessus car j'ai fait partie, cet été en tout cas, du comité "il est mince/normal".

D'après le photoshoot tiré de cet été, oui, il apparaît "juste" mince, comme on l'a toujours connu.

Il y a effectivement une période, quelques mois avant son départ du groupe où il faisait peur et ressemblait plus à une sorte de Michael Jackson années 2000 qu'au jeune minet qu'on avait connu, là oui.

Ne confondez pas.

PS : J'ai lu quelque part que son bouquin serait vendu à €18,99... Dommage que ça soit si élevé car le contenu apparaît effectivement intéressant pour le comprendre, après c'est pas donné non plus.

Je rebondis là-dessus car j'ai fait partie, cet été en tout cas, du comité "il est mince/normal".

D'après le photoshoot tiré de cet été, oui, il apparaît "juste" mince, comme on l'a toujours connu.

Il y a effectivement une période, quelques mois avant son départ du groupe où il faisait peur et ressemblait plus à une sorte de Michael Jackson années 2000 qu'au jeune minet qu'on avait connu, là oui.

Ne confondez pas.

PS : J'ai lu quelque part que son bouquin serait vendu à €18,99... Dommage que ça soit si élevé car le contenu apparaît effectivement intéressant pour le comprendre, après c'est pas donné non plus.

Il est à 9£ sur Amazon UK.

:)

c'était une évidence et dire que certains disaient que non que son poids était normal quand on le fesait remarquer !

Il a dit que son anorexie n'était pas forcément très visible. L'anorexie c'est pas forcément de la maigreur extrême mais c'est surtout le fait de ne rien manger pendant plusieurs jours, là on parle d'anorexie. C'était son cas.

• Ostrea changed the title to Zayn ♚ | Better
  • Ostrea changed the title to Zayn - What I Am | Album : "Room Under The Stairs" 17/05
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...