Aller au contenu

Raleigh Ritchie | Debut Album (20 août 2015)

Solal

Messages recommandés

• 4 semaines après...

Je m'écoute en boucle cette chanson depuis la sortie, les paroles sont assez géniales... et puis la prod'....

Hate it when I'm gone, I'll make it worth your while when I'm successful
But when I'm here I need your kindness 'cause the climate is always stressful
Clumsily grasp myself by thinking I'll be better off alone
I'll leave my peace in pieces all around the decent people I could hold

'Cause I'm a big boy and I don't let no one in
If I pull the brown bag from my eyes I can see clear
The world is at my feet and I am standing on the ceiling
And I FALL, FALL, FALL when it all comes down
And I won't be quest by the way of this town
I fall from the sky but I won't fall forever
I fall but when I'll die I'll be STRONGER THAN EVER

Official man, delusions grand, now I'm a free agent
I'm here to make a stand for causes I don't understand and make a statement
I fall short on knowledge, I don't even watch the news
Can't be asked with college, it's nothing but you human's use

I'm not defeated, I believe that I can turn this ship around
Destroy the status quo until I know I found a common ground
I'm not alone, I'm just focused in my song, this is easy
I'm fine, I just need time to turn this into home, I'm good, believe me
Believe me when I say I'm gonna be big

Explosions crack through, thunderous mountains
Hearts exploding, minds, volcanoes pop and blow
I'm not alone, I'm not alone
Who am I kidding? I'm sad, no ideas coming
It's driving me mad and I'm fighting it
It's turning me bad, I'm loaded, pages taking me over
I just wanna be home before my friends and family
Mom and dad, it's closing in on me, I need recover from it all
I'm coming home and I need closure, I need closure

13.gif13.gif13.gif13.gif

• 4 semaines après...

Il fera la premiere partie d'Angel Haze pendant 3 dates a Manchester, Birmingham et Londres le 7,8 et 11 Mars respectivement. J'espere qu'on aura des videos ^^

Un remix de Stronger Than Ever par MJ Cole arrive le 16 Mars. Il fera un concert gratuit a Hackney le 20 Mars, et il fera parti du Wireless Festival le 5 et 6 Juillet et du Boardmasters Festival. Une bonne exposition pour se faire un nom dans le pays. Je pense donc que son album devrait sortir vers la fin de l'année ou au debut de 2015.

WRL_180214_2.png

• Like 2
  • 3 semaines après...

Itv du London Evening Standard où il parle de son album a venir, Game Of Thrones et autres:

Rap and roll with it: Raleigh Ritchie interview
Raleigh Ritchie is best known for Game of Thrones but his heart is set on music. For now he’s putting down the sword and picking up the mic, he tells David Smyth.

Not long ago Raleigh Ritchie, real name Jacob Anderson, was accosted on the New York subway by a man yelling, “F*** yeah, Grey Worm!” Such is life for those who juggle music and acting — a jumble of identities, time zones and strangers asking, “Aren’t you that guy from that thing?” But this year the 23-year-old Game of Thrones actor from Bristol has picked a side and it’s the music world that will benefit from his dark, inventive soul sound.

“Acting was a happy accident and it’s been really amazing and cool. I’ll still go back to it at some point, but I’m not doing it at all right now,” he tells me, lounging in his dressing room at the Charing Cross nightclub Heaven prior to a prestigious support slot with New York rapper Angel Haze.

As an actor he’s hardly A-list but you’ll have seen him all over the place: a dodgy boyfriend in ITV’s hit crime drama Broadchurch, up to no good with Plan B in the London gangs film Adulthood, on stage in King Lear at the Old Vic and the National’s War Horse, and the elite soldier Grey Worm in Game of Thrones.

In HBO’s heavily hyped fantasy series he leads an army of perfect soldiers called the Unsullied — physically flawless specimens apart from the fact that they’re eunuchs. Little chance of an appearance in the show’s raunchy sex scenes then but the part does require him to speak the fictional language Dothraki.

“Learning it was quite hard but funnily enough it’s the one thing where the singing and acting worlds meet, because I saw it like remembering a melody,” he says.

Actually, the two worlds meet in other ways too. His singer name, Raleigh Ritchie, is a compound of the forenames of his two favourite characters from Wes Anderson’s film The Royal Tenenbaums.

His dramatic flair also means that his music videos are strikingly different from the usual smoochy, shirt-off R&B shtick. Look up Stay Inside, his remarkable debut single from last summer, in which he’s alone in a shed building a horrifying puppet army out of junk. On Stronger Than Ever, from the start of this year, his internal struggles are visualised by an overpowering wind that affects him and no one else.

Fighting fit: actor Jacob Anderson (Raleigh Ritchie’s real name) as elite warrior Grey Worm in Game of Thrones © Home Box Office
He’s charming in person, with a rich, warm speaking voice, apologetic about being a bit dazed and sleepy after staying up late to pack for LA, where he’s finishing his debut album (due in late summer). But those videos suggest a troubled individual.

“I think that’s fair to say,” he admits after a long pause. “But believe it or not I don’t really like airing my dirty laundry in person. Writing is therapy for me.” He says he has a line in a new song called Never Better: “Even my f***ing therapist couldn’t get my name right”, which is drawn from real life.

“I didn’t have a great experience with [therapy],” he says. But he’s found that music has helped his mental wellbeing since he started writing songs in his mid-teens, before his acting career took off. He mostly sings in smooth tones but raps too when the music heats up.

“It was a really good way to talk, because I was pretty quiet at school. I don’t talk to people about how I feel but I can turn it into a song.”

His school in Bristol had a new music suite, where he was able to learn how to create beats using the computer software Cubase. Initially he was writing songs for a girl to sing, but they fell out when she wasn’t doing it the way he heard it in his head, so she told him in far from polite terms to sing his own material. He picked up a manager as a teenager, who saw him supporting the soul singer Terri Walker in his home-town.

At the same time, his drama teacher was pushing him to attend open auditions. “I kind of slept through school. I wasn’t engaged at all. My exercise books were empty at the end of the year. But I didn’t sleep through drama, probably because there wasn’t a desk, so my teacher sent me to this audition.”

He started racking up the traditional small roles — The Bill, Casualty — and moved to London at just 17 because he was so busy. Now he’s based in quiet Golders Green with his girlfriend, Mr Selfridge actress Aisling Loftus.

He was writing songs all the while, developing a concert persona that’s as compelling as any role he has played. He could be a rock star, bouncing and thrashing until his baseball cap flies off, straining at the microphone and visibly giving it his all.

“I can’t even believe that anyone’s paying to see me,” he says. “It’s so weird that there’s a good possibility that at least 10 people I don’t know have bought my music.”

Now some significant people are taking an interest too. Urban soul duo The Internet, a spin-off from the controversy-baiting US rap crew Odd Future, loved an early song of his, so have reworked four of his tracks for a free mixtape, to be given away online next Wednesday. They’ve given an edge to his emotional sound, smudging it with woozy electronica to put it in the same drawer as the acclaimed futuristic R&B of Frank Ocean and The Weeknd.

As with his support slots with hot LA rapper Kendrick Lamar last year, it’s an impressive connection that sets him apart from his Brit-soul peers. Of his many roles, Raleigh Ritchie is definitely the name to remember.

• Like 1

Black+And+Blue+Point+Two+artworks0000758

BLACK AND BLUE POINT TWO - FREE EP OUT NOW

I met Syd and Matt from The Internet last year and they were just awesome, genuine people and I'm drawn to people like that, I feel like they're the people most likely to make honest music. I got a really good vibe from them and am a fan of their first album Purple Naked Ladies.

Problem was we just didn't have the time to get in together and do a batch of sessions because of the ocean divide and everything but we wanted to do something together, so this mixtape is the result of that. I love what those guys have done with the songs, they've brought a different energy to them and I'm stoked for people to hear it. Hopefully it's the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

- Raleigh Ritchie

Tracklisting:

1. The Chased

2. Stay Inside (The Internet Remix)

3. Stronger Than Ever (The Internet Remix)

4. Overdose (The Internet Remix)

5. Free Fall (The Internet Remix)

L'EP est dispo gratuitement sur son site.

• Like 2
Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...