Aller au contenu

No Doubt ● Push And Shove

Messages recommandés

Voici l'article du Elle dont vous pouvez voir les photos et la cover un peu avant.

It seems impossible now, sitting with Gwen Stefani amid the dazzling bougainvillea and azalea on the sun-dappled patio of the Beverly Hills Hotel’s Polo lounge, but there was once a time, not long ago, when the delicate flower perched beside me on a leather banquette with her strong, thin arms wrapped around her midsection, blinking away a tear and looking like she could maybe use a hug, seemed to me the most terrifying woman in pop. Remember those No Doubt videos? There was Gwen the Malfunctioning Aerobic Fem-Bot wires crossed, head jerking maniacally from side to side in ‘Just a Girl,” and Gwen the Post-apocalyptic Jet Ski Hellion in “Hella Good.” Gwen the Noir Femme Fatale, throwing a courtroom conniption after bumping off a series of beaus in “It s My Life,” and Gwen the Tae Bo Powerhouse with the wife-beater tee and lipstick snarl, ready to take out the camera with a single well-placed kick in No Doubt’s “Excuse Me Mr.” And let’s not even mention Gwen the Foxy Nun in her solo hit “Wind It Up.” (Excuse me, sister!)

What made Stefani seem all the more dangerous – it wasn’t just me, was it? – is the way she tempered that madwoman mystique with an exaggerated, Kabuki-like femininity… no less alluring for seeming like it might be a big put-on. “She’s like a diamond-encrusted heart,” says her longtime stylist and friend Andrea Lieberman, “like this bottle of champagne with this girly effervescence, but balanced with the tomboy thing.” The whole package can make for a dizzying flurry of sexual semaphores’ Think of those caterpillar eyelashes, batting coquettishly one moment peeling back into a horrfied scream-queen grimace the next. And those Borvflex lips (her killer app), morphing from sweet pout to feral sneer in an instant. It’s this combination that makes Stefani – who spent years as a rock singer, Xeroxing band posters at Kinko’s, touring the country in a van, before her detour into pop-princess territory – so much more formidable than her semimanufactured cohorts. And now, with two platinum-plus solo albums under her belt, she’s preparing to go on the road with No Doubt the poppy ska-punk foursome that since the late ’80s has been her musical family.

Rocking a brand-new pair of superluxe Dior shades (”there’s a girl that hooks me up sometimes,” she says), a Vivienne Westwood wrap-blouse, baggy Dsquared jeans cinched with a studded belt and a pair of five-inch heels from her L.A.M.B line featuring enough straps to immobilize a grizzly bear, she cats an impressive figure as she breezes into the joint with baby Zuma on her hip, turning heads (including that of fellow celebu-mom Jennifer Garner) as she goes. And boy, are those lips red. But then she opens them to speak. Stefani is so emphatically nice in person, so unassuming and normal and chronically insecure – in the course of several conversations. she informs me that she doesn’t know how to write songs or even really sing, is a hopeless dancer, and knows next to nothing about fashion – it’s easy to forget she’s a superstar. She seems to have forgotten it herself.

Justnodoubt.net

Cette chanson est donc bien interpretée par No Doubt, car j'ai tapé "No Doubt" sur Wikipédia (english version) et je n'ai pas trouver cette chanson :nan: , or, cette song est diffusée sur les radios danoises depuis plus de deux mois... :pascompris:

Bref cette chanson marque donc le retour "tant attendu" 8) du groupe !

• 1 mois après...

Y a un nouvel album ou pas au final?!,

parce que s'il nous font juste une tournée, c'est quand même très déçevant,

j'sais pas si il sont au courant, mais y a des millions de fan qui n'attendent que ça... :unsure:

Très jolie photo, Gwen ne vieillit pas.

• 4 semaines après...

Après plus d'une année sabatique, Gwen revient progressivement sous les feux des projecteurs. Elle est ce mois-ci sur pas moins de 3 covers de magazines (2 Elle -Turquie et Danemark- et Glamour USA) :

COVER ELLE DANEMARK

elledk.jpg

COVER ELLE TURQUIE

elleturkey.jpg

(Si vous avez loupés le photoshoot de Elle : A voir ici.)

COVER GLAMOUR :

001.jpg

NOUVEAU PHOTOSHOOT POUR GLAMOUR :

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

Voici ce que pourrait être le visuel de la prochaine ère No Doubt :

albuquerque.jpg

atlanta.jpg

charlotte.jpg

chicago.jpg

cleveland.jpg

concord.jpg

detroit.jpg

• 4 mois après...
Our little studio is warm and candlelit, above the glowing city,’ guitarist Tom Dumont says in latest tweet.

After solo projects, family time and last year’s summer reunion tour, it looks like No Doubt are getting down to business on their long-awaited sixth studio album. The band, who have been working on the project intermittently over the past few years, have taken to Twitter to keep fans updated.

“Tony and Gwen are rocking the synth. Our little studio is warm and candlelit, above the glowing city. Tom” guitarist Tom Dumont tweeted on Wednesday evening.

Dumont has been tweeting about their progress for the past week, with the first landing on January 20. “Back in the studio together writing today. Synth horns=cheesy but fun.” he tweeted.

The following day brought even more work for the group as Dumont tweeted a close-up picture of bassist Tony Kanal in the studio with singer Gwen Stefani.

The bandmembers worked on new material without Stefani for some time. “Tony, Adrian and I have been busy preparing material for the album since this time last year,” Dumont told MTV News in an e-mail in 2007. The following year, drummer Adrian Young talked loosely about the new material. “It seems like we’ve always come from an eclectic background musically,” he said. “But we seem to always gravitate towards reggae. I can’t say that’s what our record is going to be like, ’cause it’s too early to tell, but what makes us feel really good is reggae music. I can play reggae music to my grave.”

Last May, the group used an appearance on “American Idol” to preview what Stefani called “the procrastination tour” (with Paramore opening), and made a cameo appearance on “Gossip Girl,” covering Adam & the Ants’ 1981 track “Stand and Deliver.”

The band hoped to use the tour as a way to reconnect and find inspiration for their new material. “Once we reconnect onstage and reconnect with all the people who have supported us, I think it’s going to inspire us to make an amazing record,” Kanal said before the tour.

• 8 mois après...

Enfin du concret !

Après plus de 6 ans d'attente (oui oui, le temps passe vite), le groupe No Doubt est enfin prêt à faire son come-back.

Ainsi, un nouveau Best-Of intitulé "Icon" sortira dans les Bacs ce 2 Novembre.

51rV%2BMPB8DL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Alors pourquoi réenchérir avec un nouveau Best-Of, 6 ans à peine après le premier dont était issu l'inédite reprise de It's My Life ?

No Doubt will have a new catalog release in 2010 for fans that are looking for a lower priced greatest hits collection. The album will be part of the Icon series which features greatest hits and favorites from the most popular artists in music for just $7.98.

“With the band recording a new record for next year we felt it was a good idea to remind everyone of the great music No Doubt has made over the years. We feel the Icon release of No Doubt’s greatest hits is an extremely low cost way to turn a lot of new people on to the band’s great music,” said the band’s manager Jim Guerinot.

The No Doubt Icon release will feature the same track listing as the Singles Collection, including “It’s My Life,” “Just A Girl,” and “Hey Baby,” but with new artwork and at the lower price. The No Doubt Icon release will be available online and in stores November 2, 2010.

En clair, ce Best-Of servira surtout à rafraichir la mémoire des moins jeunes et par la même occasion de faire découvrir le groupe phare des années 90 à la nouvelle génération qui ne connaissent pour la plupart, No Doubt que grâce au succès de LAMB et TSE.

Il y aura des inédits !!

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...