Aller au contenu

Last Night Mariah Saved My Life

Messages recommandés

Mariah's Producers Talk About New Album

R&B diva Mariah Carey returns to the spotlight this Spring with her newest release E=MC². SOHH caught up with the Grammy award-winning producers Bryan-Michael Cox and DJ Toomp - who collaborated with M.C. on the project - to get the details on the album that everyone is buzzing about.

E=MC² follows Mariah's hugely successful 2005 Grammy award-winning album, The Emancipation of Mimi, which sold over10 million copies worldwide. While that success will be difficult to match, the album is already generating praise from mega-hitmaker Jermaine Dupri, who claims the quality of E=MC² surpasses Carey's last album, and the other producers she's worked with on the album.

"I'm telling you she's in a great space, man. It feels like it's going to be better than Emancipation," Bryan-Michael Cox told SOHH exclusively. "She has a lot of the same producers. Jermaine gave her some really incredible records. I came in and gave her some real dope records. She got some really really dope stuff."

DJ Toomp, who just took home a Grammy for his work on Kanye West's Graduation, agrees. "It's incredible," he says. "I've only heard snippets of a few songs but Jermaine Dupri, pulled me to the side and was like, 'Yo man, we bout to be here [at the Grammys] next year too.' He's like, 'You're on a classic album and you got a classic song.' So it feels good."

Along with JD, Cox and Toomp, will.i.am, Stargate, Nate "Danjahandz" Hills, James Poyser, C. "Tricky" Stewart and The-Dream also collaborated with MC on the project.

Carey has already announced plans for a Brett Ratner-directed video for her first single, "Touch My Body," which was written and produced by Carey alongside Tricky Stewart and The-Dream.

"Touch My Body" hit the radio earlier this week.

The project will be the 11th studio album for Carey, who has finally set a release date of April 15th for the set. E=MC² was executive produced by Mariah Carey and Island Def Jam Chairman, Antonio "LA" Reid.

MTV:

Carey also mentioned in October that she "just had a really, really hot session with somebody in Miami." She didn't name names, but producers Cool & Dre told MTV News about various sessions they had with the singer.

"With Mariah, one of her favorite records is 'New York' [by Ja Rule], and she asked us to do a record like that," Dre said. "It was like, we got an opportunity to work with Mariah, and she wants us to do something we already did. But we said, 'You know what? You don't get too many opportunities to work with a Mariah Carey.' And to know you have her ear, you got to impress. So me and Cool decided not to do 'New York.' We wanted to show her we could do big pop records too. We turned it in, and her A&R came back and asked us to go gutter instead. So we made the hardest beat ever in history. We had a bunch of rappers trying to steal the beat, and they couldn't believe we made the beat for her. Jadakiss, Busta Rhymes, all saying they couldn't believe we were giving it to her. And then, she ended up taking the first record anyway."

Roger Friedman Previews Mariah's New Album

Yesterday I spent more than an hour up at Island/DefJam Records previewing the new CDs from Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey. Each is highly anticipated, and with good reason. They're pretty damn good.

Carey's CD, called E=MC², is probably the more anticipated if only because her prior release, Emancipation of Mimi, was such a phenomenal success. Buoyed by several hits including "We Belong Together," "Don't Forget About Us," Emancipation spent months on the charts and won a number of Grammys. It re-established Mariah as a superstar after her failed Glitter project and subsequent Charmbracelet.

E=MC² (a play on the previous album's title) should have a pretty big impact when it hits the world on April 15th. Already the single, "Touch My Body," with its refrain "I will hunt you down" has taken off at radio. It doesn't hurt that it bears a resemblance to "We Belong Together." But the new single is catchy in its own right, and has an independent hook designed to be addictive.

I heard eight other tracks yesterday, but since the album isn't sequenced yet I can't tell you where they fall in order. In the order I enjoyed them came first "Bye, Bye" a powerful ballad that should be a single and will probably close the album. It's a natural singalong in concert, too, which could make it not only wildly popular but a possible Grammy contender next year. Look out.

The next most commercial number is "Thanks For Nothing," a witty and rueful tune with another great melody courtesy of Jermaine Dupri and Carey. As on "Bye Bye," Carey's vocals are superb. Her infamous eight octave range has suffered a little wear and tear over the years, but Carey can still flutter from great highs to mellow lows like no one else.

Some other highlights I heard included "Cruise Control," featuring Damian Marley with a driving reggae subtext; "Migrate" with T Pain, which should be a single and perhaps the album's kick off track; "Last Kiss," with Dupri on vocals; a breathy disco dance hit called "I'm That Chick," and an out and out pop song, "Loving You a Long Time," which samples DeBarge's "Stay with Me" and recalls the melodic riff of the "Hill Street Blues" theme music.

The one thing I kept thinking from track to track is that Carey and her crew have put a lot of work into making E=MC² not just a hit, but a sustainable success. There's enough in the package that it will last as long as "Emancipation," spinning off singles, remixes, and videos.

Si quelqu'un peut traduire, pleazzzz!

Ah la la, cet album s'annonce vraiment énorme perso, Roger Friedman dit:

Yesterday I spent more than an hour up at Island/DefJam Records previewing the new CDs from Janet Jackson and Mariah Carey. Each is highly anticipated, and with good reason. They're pretty damn good.

Carey's CD, called E=MC², is probably the more anticipated if only because her prior release, Emancipation of Mimi, was such a phenomenal success. Buoyed by several hits including "We Belong Together," "Don't Forget About Us," Emancipation spent months on the charts and won a number of Grammys. It re-established Mariah as a superstar after her failed Glitter project and subsequent Charmbracelet.

E=MC² (a play on the previous album's title) should have a pretty big impact when it hits the world on April 15th. Already the single, "Touch My Body," with its refrain "I will hunt you down" has taken off at radio. It doesn't hurt that it bears a resemblance to "We Belong Together." But the new single is catchy in its own right, and has an independent hook designed to be addictive.

I heard eight other tracks yesterday, but since the album isn't sequenced yet I can't tell you where they fall in order. In the order I enjoyed them came first "Bye, Bye" a powerful ballad that should be a single and will probably close the album. It's a natural singalong in concert, too, which could make it not only wildly popular but a possible Grammy contender next year. Look out.

The next most commercial number is "Thanks For Nothing," a witty and rueful tune with another great melody courtesy of Jermaine Dupri and Carey. As on "Bye Bye," Carey's vocals are superb. Her infamous eight octave range has suffered a little wear and tear over the years, but Carey can still flutter from great highs to mellow lows like no one else.

Some other highlights I heard included "Cruise Control," featuring Damian Marley with a driving reggae subtext; "Migrate" with T Pain, which should be a single and perhaps the album's kick off track; "Last Kiss," with Dupri on vocals; a breathy disco dance hit called "I'm That Chick," and an out and out pop song, "Loving You a Long Time," which samples DeBarge's "Stay with Me" and recalls the melodic riff of the "Hill Street Blues" theme music.

The one thing I kept thinking from track to track is that Carey and her crew have put a lot of work into making E=MC² not just a hit, but a sustainable success. There's enough in the package that it will last as long as "Emancipation," spinning off singles, remixes, and videos.

----------------------------------------------

J'ai pas le temps de tout traduire maintenant, si quelqu'un pouvait le faire, ce serait super gentil mais vite fait, ce que je retiens:

- un nouvea titre: last kiss (avec dupri dessus) donc l'album fait pour l'instant minimum 12 titres!

- ses titres préférés dans l'ordre:

Bye bye: une énorme ballade qui doit sortir en single! Ce sera très populaire, (un peu comme hero)...et ça peut facilement gagner un grammy l'année prochaine!

Ensuite, thanks for nothin, plus commercial comme titre, comme sur bye bye, la Voix de Mariah est superbe...même si ses 8octaves ( ouai c'est ça!!) ont souffert de l'usure du temps, elle peut toujorus faire des choses incroyables que personne ne peut reproduire.

Cruise control avec Marley qui a un fond reggae...huuum!

Migrate qui va être le Tube qui tue tout pour lui!

Ensuite last kiss.

Puis le très disco, frais et dance that chick et...une véritable chanson pop love you long time qui sample ( ah enfin, LE SAMPLE de l'album mdr) cette chanson:

et dont la mélodie rappelle http://youtube.com/watch?v=yevI8xCAKuc bref tout un programme! :crazylove:

Et enfin, il termine en disant ce que à quoi je m'attendais: Mariah et son équipe ont fait un ENORME Travail pour que l'album dure longhtemps dans les charts...

Bref, si quelqu'un pouvait faire une vraie traduction...j'ai vraiment pas le temps lol...

Invité sound-of-revenge

ouais Foolish de Ashanti en 2002 ou 2003, qui avait été 1er pdt 8 semaines au états unis, donc de nouveau samplé, j'trouve que ça le fait moyen...

Les grammys ont tellement peu de valeurs maintenant! tant pis si elle en gagne pas :mrgreen:

pff et le jour où elle sera nominé tu sauteras au plafond...

Hate d'entendre ce new album qui s'annonce excellent. Mais pourquoi sortir en premier single une chanson aussi "faible" si il y a dix fois mieux sur l'album ?

Hate d'entendre ce new album qui s'annonce excellent. Mais pourquoi sortir en premier single une chanson aussi "faible" si il y a dix fois mieux sur l'album ?

Tout simplement parce que son staff veut vendre sur la longueur, pas faire un mois de fou et après, fini...si on croit les reviews qui sont unanimes à ce sujet, l'album a vraiment du lourd ( that chick, bye bye, migrate, love you long time, cruise control qui devait être le premier single ect...)...il peut se vendre dans la durée...donc pourquoi sortir le truc de fou en premier?

Sinon, le shoot de l'album a été fait à NY mercredi dernier dans l'immeuble de Kravitz si j'ai bien compris...ce que j'aime, c'est qu'ils disent que ça a été fait aussi sur le toit de l'immeuble! :crazylove:

Mariah Carey invaded Lenny Kravitz's Crosby St. apartment building on Wednesday, commandeering the penthouse suite and roof to shoot the cover for her upcoming album, "E = MC²." Arriving in a black Maybach with three SUVs in tow, the diva sported custom-made Van Cleef & Arpels diamond butterfly rings and Christian Louboutin heels.

Le shoot a été fait ici: http://realestalker.blogspot.com/2007/10/l...a-his-mind.html

Enfin, pour le sample déjà utilisé dans foolish, Ashanti n'a utilisé qu'une partie de la chanson originale, je suis sûr que Mariah a pris l'autre qui n'a rien à voir avec le sample d'Ashanti...

; "Migrate" with T Pain, which should be a single and perhaps the album's kick off track;

:crazylove::crazylove::crazylove: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::D:D8)8):):):applause::applause::thumb_yello::thumb_yello::rolleyes:

(sinon impatient de voir le photoshoot, en espérant qu'il ne soit pas retouché à mort!)

Two songs from Mariah's new album, "Bye Bye" and "That Chick", have been registered with the BMI Repertoire. Both songs were co-written by Mariah Carey, Johnta Austin, and the Stargate duo (Eriksen Mikkel Stroleer and Hermansen Tor Erik).

Johnta Austin has previously worked with Mariah on her two #1 records from The Emancipation of Mimi, "We Belong Together" and "Don't Forget About Us."

The Stargate guys have previously remixed Mariah's #1 hit "Thank God I Found You" from Rainbow (1999).

Below is a list of all the currently known song titles from Mariah's upcoming album, and the writers/producers (Mariah excluded) and featured artists associated with them.

Touch My Body (C. Tricky Stewart, The-Dream)

Bye Bye (Johnta Austin, Stargate)

That Chick (Johnta Austin, Stargate)

Heat (Will.I.Am)

For The Record (Bryan Michael Cox, Taurian "Adonis" Shropshire)

4Real 4Real (Bryan Michael Cox, Taurian "Adonis" Shropshire)

Thanks For Nothing (Jermaine Dupri)

Loving You Long Time (DJ Toomp)

Migrate (ft. T-Pain)

Cruise Control (ft. Damian Marley)

OOC ["Out of Control"]

Last Kiss

Love Story

Other known producers: James Poyser, Nate "Danjahandz" Hills.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...