• How
    • Get back in my life
    • Just a feeling
    • Runaway
    • Out of goodbyes
    • Crazy little thing called ove

Messages recommandés

super :thumb_yello:

tu as l'air super fan ^_^ alors je voulais te demander si tu allais au concert du 7 decembre ???

Pas autant que toi apparement.

J'ai pas encore décidé si j'allais au concert ou pas, personne dans mon entourage semble décidé pour m'accompagner donc pour l'instant je sais pas encore.

Les vidéos étaient interessantes à part peut être la dernière un peu trop longue.

Invité Euphomaroon

Uè la derniere est longue... et encore elle était en 4 parties !!! mais c'était la plus marrante, quand James disait qu'il aurait aimé etre un Kiwi :blink:

j'ai fait 2 videos il y a deja un petit moment sur Adam et une autre sur James :

ca fait un peu groupie je dois admettre...tant pis :P

8jCn0LuJnLo

et celle sur James:

jRStyKtddfM

et voila une video un peu plus serieuse...enfin pas vraiment :D , qui vient du DVD sin :

4nYR24_NdEA

• 2 semaines après...

Interview d'Adam dans un magazine gay The Advocate.

Adam Levine

Getting harder to breathe? Don’t worry: That’s a common reaction to seeing or hearing Adam Levine, front man for Maroon 5, the 2005 Grammy award–winners for Best New Artist. But is Levine just another oversexed playboy out to tempt gay men? Regardless, when the band’s sophomore album, It Won’t Be Soon Before Long, drops on May 22, he will still be loved.

By Brandon Voss

From The Advocate May 22, 2007

Were you surprised when The Advocate asked you to participate in Big Gay Following?

Not really. We like everybody. The more people that like our band, it’s amazing.

Do you have a lot of gay people in your life?

Yeah, I do. It’s funny how there are actually magazines that are gay magazines and you focus on a specific type of person in your demographic. Just because I’ve never been that way, it’s funny to have that conversation. Yeah, there are important gay people, straight people, blue people, orange people.

Do guys ever hit on you?

Not outwardly. Not “Hey, you wanna make out?” It doesn’t happen to me. I don’t know why. But I never really pick up on when I’m hit on anyway—unless I’m into it, and then I just convince myself that they’re hitting on me.

So we shouldn’t expect a sequel to your first album, Songs About Jane, called Songs About Dick?

No, I’m not into dick. I wish I were. It would be so much easier. Because, you know, men have a certain camaraderie with each other that’s easygoing and kind of simple, when you think about it. Sometimes men and women clash mentally, although physically it works out.

If you were into guys, who would be your type?

Oh, there are beautiful men out there. Antonio Banderas is gorgeous. Well, maybe not so much anymore. He peaked around Desperado. I mean, every male secretly want to have sex with Brad Pitt, but that's a given.

It’s hard enough to lust after an unattainable celebrity without his simulating sex like you did in the racy “This Love” video. Are you trying to torture fans—particularly gay men?

Yes, the whole reason I started playing music was specifically to torture gay men. No, I’ve always been a very sexually open person. America has a problem with sexuality, and it all seems too preposterous to me—even debating over it. I’m most definitely straight, but I grew up with amazing parents who taught me what’s really important: character. It makes no difference to me what someone’s sexual orientation is. If they’re a dickhead, they’re a dickhead.

How did you feel when they made the video PG-rated by covering you up with computer-generated flowers?

That was ridiculous. That was Janet [Jackson] and Justin’s [Timberlake] fault. That whole thing happened—I don’t know even know what it was. I just know her tit was hanging out. All of a sudden we were in the ’50s again. I’m all about public displays of nudity, but if you’re going to do it, don’t do it that way. It just seemed kind of odd. I wish they had gone further with it and done the song naked.

Have you always been an exhibitionist?

Yeah. Part of that has to be with being comfortable with myself and comfortable with my sexuality in general. I like to do things like that. For no reason? No. But artistically there’s a tie-in to what I do because the lyrics that I write are pretty sexual.

You also steamed up your “She Will Be Loved” video with Kelly Preston. What did her husband, John Travolta, think?

I met him, and he said to me, “If I was ever going to let anyone make out with my wife, it would be you.” I thought he was going to kick my ass, but he was totally cool.

If anyone has a sex tape just waiting to surface, it’s totally you, isn’t it?

No. Everyone thinks that! You don’t make a sex tape if you’re a celebrity. The only reason why you would make a sex tape is if you secretly wanted it to get out. Listen, if I wanted to have a sex tape out there, I’d have 10. But it’s just in poor taste to divulge the gory details of your sex life in public. It’s just really not attractive to me. It’s not that I’m a square or anything. There are just some things you need to keep sacred and private.

Your old band, Kara’s Flowers, performed once on Beverly Hills, 90210.

We were 17, yeah, and I had been obsessed with that show. Any young boy knew that in order to start talking to girls, you needed to be into 90210. So we went on the show, and Tiffani-Amber Thiessen thought we were all on blow. We were just excited! She said, “You guys are partying, right?” We’re like, “We’re 17, Tiffani-Amber Thiessen. What are you talking about?” Tori Spelling hung out with us backstage and gave us the lowdown. Brian Austin Green kept telling us about his music. Ian Ziering was kind of a dick. Maybe he was having a bad day.

Now Ziering’s on Dancing with the Stars.

Hey, good for him, man. That’s awesome. I could never do that. I don’t understand how men are capable of learning how to dance. I feel so silly when I try. Dancing is an attempt to really express yourself, but when the music moves you, you have no choice—you just move.

You’ve been friends with Jake Gyllenhaal since childhood. Why do we never see you hanging out with him, Lance, and Matthew McConaughey?

I don’t know. I’m not a cyclist.

• 2 semaines après...

Maroon 5 dans Rolling Stone de Septembre

rscoverweb.jpg

15982108-15982111-slarge.jpg

Pour voir la vidéo du shooting

Shooting Rolling Stone

Rock bands have been known to argue about almost anything. Maroon 5 are different. They argue about everything. Sometimes the debates are substantive. They had a heated battle over where their second album, It Won't Be Soon Before Long, should fall in the sonic spectrum between polished R&B and the chaos of energetic rock. (They compromised, and the record includes both -- part of why it debuted at Number One.) More often, their arguments are meaningless turf wars between five highly opinionated, stubborn men. "It's a high-ego band," says lead singer Adam Levine.

Among the disputes that continued on Maroon 5's tour bus for far too long (sometimes months): the pop-punk influence on Pink's first album; the prospects of Howard Dean before he screamed; whether the movie Wild Things had a sense of humor; whether psychedelic mushrooms provide an escape from reality or a different perspective on it.

The most epic quarrel, however, centered on Lenny Kravitz's "Where Are We Runnin?'" video. The band saw it on TV in a Brazil hotel; Levine and guitarist James Valentine proceeded to argue for hours about whether Kravitz sheds a tear in the final shot. "I have never seen two people get more into it about something so completely unimportant," says bassist Mickey Madden. The clash extended from the hotel lobby to the venue, paused long enough for an acoustic performance, and then continued through a meet-and-greet session, climaxing with the statement "Star Wars was not filmed in space."

Finally, Levine and Valentine bet $500; the wager wasn't settled until the group visited German MTV and got them to roll the video. No tears: Valentine won the bet, although Levine never actually paid up. "In my twisted mind, I am always right," Levine says.

To argue with that intensity, you need to be with your worst enemies or your closest pals. Maroon 5 are a group of best friends: Three of the five started playing together at age twelve. "Adam and I would talk on the phone all night about Pearl Jam and Nirvana," says keyboardist Jesse Carmichael. Fifteen years later, the band draws less on grunge and more on R&B, especially Prince, and on pop rock, especially the Police.

From a distance, Maroon 5's music can seem like it's all surface: catchy melodies and R&B production that lets the band fit on pop radio seamlessly between Rihanna and the Black Eyed Peas. Up close, Levine's pained, yearning vocals give the music more emotional weight, as does the fact that the band is a gang of friends living childhood dreams. That makes the battles more intense, the victories sweeter, the celebrity encounters more surreal. And it made losing a founding member taste just like a mouthful of ashes.

After midnight on a thursday, the five members of Maroon 5 have gathered at Levine's airy, modern house, built into one of the Hollywood Hills. While the band drinks red wine, Levine pulls out his iPhone to show off Hawaiian-vacation pictures. "The most luxurious, amazing trip I've ever taken," he says. He had his first pina colada and, more worrisome, his first golf lesson.

Madden shares an elaborate dream he had where Carmichael was wrestling a twenty-foot manta ray: "Its crazy tentacles came up and wrapped around you and you pulled it onto the balcony. We were sitting there in total awe."

"I have boring dreams," says Levine. "I had one in Hawaii that [Lakers owner] Jerry Buss came to my grandparents' house, and I showed him around room by room. I woke up and said, 'Really?' "

Levine suffers from an advanced case of Lead Singer Disease, always taking over the conversation, perpetually razzing his bandmates, rarely getting called on his own shit. Fortunately, he's funny and genial, so nobody seems to mind. Madden confides, "Adam's been the exact same dude ever since I've known him. Fame kind of justified his personality."

Perhaps inevitably, the band starts playing video games. On the tour bus, after a particularly vicious round of Halo, Levine and Valentine will sometimes not talk to each other for days. "There's rage that you wouldn't be able to understand," Levine says. "I'm a really prideful son of a bitch. I have to work on that." The game tonight is Guitar Hero, so he just watches. "I hate Guitar Hero. I get pissed that you don't play it like a real guitar."

Valentine and Carmichael plug in and are soon rocking out to "Them Bones," by Alice in Chains. When they fluff a section, Levine hoots, "You guys suck! Jerry Cantrell is really upset with you right now." He once met Cantrell. "I spilled my soul about how I thought he was amazing, and he didn't give a shit. Nor should he. I never put myself out there like that, so when I do, I get bummed easily."

The song ends; Valentine edges out Carmichael. The game announces his win with a fake newspaper front page. "triumphs in great show," drummer Matt Flynn reads. "When have we ever had a headline like that?"

Levine grew up in west Los Angeles. His father owned a chain of women's clothing stores, but he says he got his artistic side from his mom, who was busy raising him and his younger brother but who had majored in graphic design at Berkeley. His folks split up when he was seven. "I barely remember them together," he says.

Quel est le prochain single annoncé ?

J'ai entendu dire que c'était Little Of Your Time, un de mes morceaux préferés sur l'album, j'aimerais bien avoir confirmation.

Après "Wake up call" le prochain single annoncé est normalement "Won't go home without you"; ils cherchent déjà des figurant pour le clip. Ensuite il était question de "Little of your time" ou "Back at your door" mais rien n'est confirmé, ce n'est jepense que des rumeurs. Wait and see.

C'est moi ou bien les sorties de singles s'enchainent :hmmm:

Makes me wonder est sorti le 27 mars aux US, Wake up call sort le 7 août. ;)

Par contre, cette sortie précipitée de Won't go home without you c'est du grand n'importe quoi :mellow:

Enfin, si on attend autant qu'on a attendu pour le clip de Wake up call, ça ne s'enchaînera pas si rapidement qu'on le pense.

Wake Up Call ne fait que démarrer et il cherche juste des figurants pour le prochain clip, et vu le temps qu'ils ont mis pour finir WUC il y a un peu de marge. Et au pire deux titres ne serait pas de refus histoire d'augmenter.

Sinon à part les photoshoots, pas de passage en TV prévu ? Les Teen Choice ? Je pense pas pour les VMA, dommage...

Sinon à part les photoshoots, pas de passage en TV prévu ? Les Teen Choice ? Je pense pas pour les VMA, dommage...

Les passages TV prévus pour l'instant sont les suivants:

The CBS Early Show - Thursday September 6th

Fashion Rocks on CBS - Friday September 7th

Donc pour l'instant rien en Europe. Mais je pense qu'ils vont venir cet automne faire un petit tour quand même.

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...