Aller au contenu

News Urban Music

Messages recommandés

Le petit protégé du Rappeur T.I commence à passer sur les radios parisiennes et ma foi c est pas mal, j dirai meme que j 'aime bien!! Il s'appelle B.o.B

Quand j'ai vu "protégé de T.I." je me suis dit que c'était même pas la peine que j'écoute. Mais ma curiosité à pris le dessus et c'est plutôt une jolie surprise que je viens d'écouter. C'est frais, super bien produit, loin de ces choses rnb/electro pas inspirés. Un progrès au niveau du flow s'impose malgré tout.

J'ai peur que les radios européennes s'emparent du titre et nous le fassent bouffer jusqu'à saturation.

• Like 1

Promo pour l'album:

The soul sister will make appearances on “The Wendy Williams Show” (3/25), “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” (3/30), “The Wanda Sykes Show” (4/3), and “Chelsea Lately” (4/5)

Source: Rap Up.

4.gif

Ce soir au Wendy Williams Show :fetes1:

30 Mars: Jimmy Kimmel Live!

3 Avril: Wanda Sykes Show

5 Avril: Chelsea Lately

Prochainement: Mo'Nique Show :mrgreen:

L'album est censé sortir demain il me semble dans plusieurs pays (dont la Suisse :D :D) mais n'a toujours pas filtré, lol.

whatsyoizm.jpg

waterfront-ad.jpg

Turn Me Away (Get Munny) a filtré (non, je n'écouterai pas!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvyrjhAUumo

Live de Window Seat @ Jimmy Fallon (3 mars 2010):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcmdC8Kv6m8

On s'en fiche de toute façon si elle floppe...... Je viens d'acheter l'album :mrgreen: Il a filtré il y a environ 14 heures, ils ont fait du très bon boulot pour le garder secret!!

Le livret n'est pas très intéressant, SAUF qu'il y a les paroles :mrgreen:

Il y aussi un mini-sticker sur la boîte où c'est marqué:

*New album from

Grammy winning

producer/singer/songwriter

ERYKAH BADU

featuring...

"WINDOW SEAT"

and "TURN ME AWAY

(Get MuNNY)!"

"Badu delivers an album

that offers the emotional highs, lows

and maddening complexities of

being involved in a romantic

relationship." - Vibe.com

Introduction

I am a rather plain girl. I've always been a rather plain girl. Now even today, I have

the upper body of a long armed twelve year old boy and can go unnoticed or get lost in a crowd

when my 'light' isn't on (I have the controls set to manual). My face is unique. Everyone's is, I guess.

My eyes are set far apart with puffy eye lids and natural under bags. My nose is missing it's bridge and resem-

bles a rabbit's. I have a large top lip that is broad and flat from the front view. My bottom lip is smaller and pink and

often chafe from biting it. That may be hereditary. I think my mouth is upside down. I am awkward. Still, I am amazing. At

least in a drawing I am. It's good I consider myself a spiritual being first, man or woman second, Black or White 3rd, Jew or Gentile

4th, and pretty or ugly 5th. I'm just rooting for the Good in us all, basically. I don't know much for sure, but I think it is safe to say that

I am an artist. You could say my religion was art if I had to choose just one. It's hard tho because they're all so nice. That's my tongue and

cheek kind of satirical way of saying, though I live the 'laws', I am no judge. My tale is a simple one. It starts off like all the rest... There once

was a beautiful prisoner, I mean princess. She longed for a brave knight, a gentleman. One with courage and honor and decency. But in a cruel

world such as this, men like these were scarce indeed. She had a lot more than most, this princess. She had hope. The ability to see things the way

she dreamed them. She could envision the exact moment she would be delivered from her ____ (fill in the blank). She set out like the alchemist to go

and meet her destiny but got bored, and decided to plant a garden along the way. It was an amazing garden... purple and black and white and golden.

There was one particular tall pink flower that stuck out in the weeds of this garden. She noticed it there, but didn't realize how much taller and bigger

than everything else it had become. It was beautiful and mysterious in it's freedom, but everything growing around it seemed to be struggling to

survive. It was as if that flower was drinking up all the water; sucking up all the sun. It was allowing nothing else to grow. I ven think she (the flower)

was unaware of her surroundings in her attempt to merely survive. And if she could indeed think, I doubt she would wish harm on anything or anyone

or even know what harm was. She probably knew even nothing of her own fate. I imagine that she, like many things in nature, was just living for her

own purpose and knew nothing of severity NOR humility. The princess named her IMPATIENCE and just passed her off as another beautiful thing that

grew up out of some careful, dedicated hard laborious act of her own careful planning. But in fact, it was just the opposite. IMPATIENCE had grown

tall as a result of... well, simply out of neglect and poor management. She (the princess) had no control. The End. See, in this story I am the princess,

the flower and the prisoner. For the sake of understanding this twisted tale, I guess I could just call her (the princess), AMERYKAH. After all I

am a product of it's thinking and understanding. Over time I have become comfortably numb; purposely dumb. I have been programmed to

move on command, to long for animated fairy tales that resemble nothing familiar to my experiences. I think I've always lived in my

head, more than out here in the 'real' world. It's been the lab where much of my anxiety was first created (what to think, how to

think, what to believe, what to be happy about, what to be sad about, what is appropriate, what is not accepted by the group,

how to speak, what is proper, how to love, how to dream and so forth). Yet and still, (one of my grand mama's terms)

I am a bundle of light energy looking out of myself from the top, hovering over myself with the compassion of

a good mother for a child learning a thing for the first time. This is where it gets good. I have somehow

managed to stay woke even in the warm womb of complacency. I am here. This is now. I am evolving.

I don't know exactly what I'm trying to say but there is a story deep inside these words,

to which there is a happy ending, of course. But not without happy mistakes

first (I heard that somewhere). She grows. Welcome

to the mind of Amerykah. (keep up)

1. 20 Feet Tall 3:25

My love / What did I do / To make you fall / So far from

me / And now I can't recall / The cause of the fall / Selective

memory / Then you / You built a wall / A 20 foot wall / So I couldn't

see / But if I get off my knees / I might recall / I'm 20 feet tall

(E. Badu, P. Douthit, Douglas Wimbish // Acoustic interpolation by James

Poyser from the original track produced by 9th Wonder) // Lyrics: E.Badu

// Keys: James Poyser // Mooger Fooger: Mike Chav // All Vocals: Erykah

Badu // Produced by: Erykah Badu // Published by: Divine Pimp

Publishing/UMP (ASCAP), It's A Wonderful World Music (BMI), Twenty

Nine Black Music and Gambi Music Inc. (BMI) // Recorded by: Mike

Chav at Luminous Sound, Dallas TX // Mixed by: Tom Soares at

Luminous Sound, Dallas TX // "20 Feet Tall" embodies por-

tions of "My Darling Baby", written by D. Wimbish, pub-

lished by Twenty Nine Black Music and Gambi

Music Inc. (BMI). Used by permission.

All rights reserved.

2. Window Seat 4:50

So, presently I'm standing / Here right now / You're so demanding / Tell me what

u want from me / Concluding / Concentrating on my music, lover, and my babies / Makes

me wanna ask the lady for a ticket outta town... // So can I get a window seat / Don't want

nobody next to me / I Just want a ticket outta town / A look around / And a safe touch down //

Window seat / Don't want nobody next to me / I just want a chance to fly / A chance to cry / And a

long bye bye.. // But I need u to want me / Need you to miss me / I need your attention / I need you next

me / I need someone to clap for me / I need your direction // Somebody say come back / Come back baby

come back / I want u to need me / Come back come back baby come back / Come back come back baby come

back / Come back come back baby come back // So, in my mind I'm tusslin' / Back and forth 'tween here and hus-

tlin' / I don't wanna time travel no mo / I wanna be here / I'm thinking / On this porch I'm rockin' / Back and forth

light Lightning Hopkins / If anybody speak to Scotty / Tell him beam me up.. // So can I get a window seat / Don't

want nobody next to me / I just want a ticket outta town / A look around / And a safe touch down / Window seat /

Don't want nobody next to me / I just want a chance to fly / A chance to cry / And a long bye bye.. / But I need you

to miss me / Need somebody come get me / Need your attention / Need your energy yes I do / Need someone to

clap for me / Need your affection // Somebody say come back / Come back baby come back / I want u to need me /

Come back come back baby come back / Come back come back baby come back / Come back come back baby come

back // But can I get a window seat / Don't want nobody bext to me / I just want a ticket outta town / A look

around / And a safe touch down... // I just need a chance to fly / A chance to cry / And a long / Bye bye........

3. Agitation 1:33

Oh oh oh / Oh oh oh / Going thru a thang now / Finna pull

this 'thang out // What a day... // Going thru a thang now / Finna

pull this 'thang out // But it's against the law / It's against the law !

4. Turn Me Away (Get MuNNY) 5:26

Cant turn me away / I believe, in your heart / I'll always want to stay / (get

munny) // Can't lie to you honey / I just want your money / Hi I'm Sunny Bunny /

Don't run from me / Trying to get away / Just say okay // Cause Munny I want you bad /

Lalalala / I look like a model / I'll do what I gotta / To stay in the runnin' / Cause I want you

Munny / Gimme some I'll be the one back stage // Cause Munny I want you bad / Lalalala // Cant

turn me away / I believe, in your heart / I'll always want to stay / (get munny) // I'll wait on your

doorstep / Till you let me come in / Hey I'll be your best friend / Say munny can you come out and play

/ I'll stay or / I'll come back // Cause munny I want you bad / Lalalala // Fresh-Er than the others / I'll

cook like your mother / I-I'll bring the honey / You just bring the Munny / Fingers crossed behind my back

// Cause Munny I want you bad / Lalalala // Cant turn me away / I believe, in your heart / I'll always want to

stay / (get munny) // This love is chemical / Electric particle / Down to the minimal / (Tickle tickle ego

stroke) / I love your folicles / I know you've heard it all / You know that I am skilled / In just how you want

to feel / (Oh! Uh-oh dropped your knot / Scoop it up put in my sock) / I'll be your robot girl / Come into meet

my world / I want you bad / (ooh wee boy let me drive your car) / I am a PREDATOR / Hay Cause Munny I want

you bad / Lalalala // Cant turn me away / I Believe, in your heart / I'll always want to stay / (get munny)

5. Gone Baby, Don't Be Long 4:54

As the wind blows in passing / Baby I think I'm fallin in love with you / Where you go

when you gone baby? / What cha do? / I know you've got to get your hustle on // So gone

baby gone baby don't be long / Gone baby gone baby don't be long / Ooh...gone baby gone baby

don't be long // Where you going with your stuff ? / Baby what's the rush? / You Got me feelin like a

girl with a fiendish crush - hay When you're gone, where you go Boy I miss you much But I know you got

to get your hustle on...So gone // So Gone baby gone baby don't be long / So Gone baby gone baby don't be

long / Ooh...gone baby gone baby don't be long I know you got to get your hustle on So gone gone baby gone baby

don't be long Gone baby gone baby don't be long Ooh...gone baby gone baby don't be long I know you've got to get

your hustle on // I can't wait to see what you'll doo / It's not too much / To follow you thru / I can't wait to see where

you go / So leave me lone and follow your throne / Can't wait to see how you move / I like to watch You do what you

do / Ooh i can't wait to see what you'll be / I'm gone be here cause I believe / So gone gone baby... // There's only one

thing I'm still asking? / Why is it I feel you masking? / If this love that you feel is really real / And I know you got to

get Yo hustle on // You laugh when you ask, "baby what's the rush?" / When we touch wanna know if it's love ur lust

oh Cause I feel like a girl with a feindish crush And I know you've got to get your hustle on So gone So gone baby gone

baby don't be long Gone baby gone baby don't be long Ooh gone baby gone baby don't be long So gone baby... // Vamp

6. Umm Hmm 3:52

Takes some time to let your feelings show You can't hide you

can't hide Skies the limit let me really know You can't hide you can't hide

// Come down baby let me know / Umm hmm / I love how you make me feel /

Umm hmm / Let's jump off into your world / Umm hmm / Hearts lead baby it's your

deal / Umm hmm / THUMP THUMP I've been here before / Umm hmm / Don't cheat I been

taking score / Umm hmm // Takes some time to let your feelings show You can't hide you

can't hide Skies the limit let me really know You can't hide you can't hide // Come down baby let

me know / Umm hmm / I love how you make me feel / Umm hmm / You came to drop off into my

world / Umm hmm / Hearts lead baby it's your deal / THUMP THUMP I been here before / Umm hmm

/ Don't cheat I've been taking score / Umm hmm // Takes some time to let your feelings show You can't

hide You can't hide Skies the limit let me really know You can't hide You can't hide / Umm hmm / I know

I know you care for me / Umm hmm / Cause you can't get away / Umm hmm / I'm trying to sympa-

thize with you, Pimpin Umm hmm Don't play with me play do I look like a play thing Umm hmm Boy

you know the drill Umm hmm Cause the feelings real Umm hmm // Takes some time to let your feelings

show You can't hide you can't hide Skies the limit let me really know You can't hide you can't hide

7. Love 1:30

Come on / Feel me / Just tell me / You love

me / I like it / You know it / so do it / Come on

8. You Loving Me 0:55

(session)

(lyrics too terrible to write)

:mdr:

9. Fall in Love 4:30

(your funeral)

You better go back the way you came / Wrong way / If you stay / Prepare to have

Yo shit rearranged / The way / I say / You better get on away from here / You gone

see / It's gone be / Some slow sangin and flower bringing / If my burglar alarm starts ring-

ing // You don't wanna fall in love with me / You don't wanna fall in love with me / You don't

wanna fall in love with me / You don't wanna fa la la // You ain't the worses one I have done /

But you'll do / Till he come / See we gone take this shit from the top / You gotta / Change jobs /

Change gods / Or you better get on away from here / You gone see / It's gone be / Some slow san-

gin and flower bringing / If my burglar alarm starts ringin // You don't wanna fall in love with me /

You don't wanna fall in love with me / You don't wanna fall in live with me / You don't want to fa la la //

Cause it's gonna be some slo sangin and flower bringing if my burglar alarm starts ringing... // (your funeral)

10. Incense 3:25

feat. Kirsten Agnesta

11. Out My Mind, Just in Time 10.21

MOVEMENT I: Recovering Undercover Over-Lover / I'm a recovering under cover over

lover / recovering from a love I cant get over / a recovering under cover over lover / and now

my common law lover thinks he wants another / and i lie for you / I cry for you / I pop for you / and

break for you & and hate for you / and ill hate you too / if you want me too / ah ohh wa ohh / I pray for u /

???? / make it from scratch for you / leave off the latch for you / go to the store for you / do it some more for

you / do what you want me to / guess I'm a fool for you / I'm a recovering under cover over lover / recovering from

a love I cant get over / a recovering under cover over lover / and now my common law lover thinks he wants another /

and I lie for you / I cry for you / I pop for you / and break for you / and hate for you / and ill hate you too / if you want me

too / I gotta do / my love for you / chop and crew for you / paint it blue for you / its true its true / poor Badu / ???? / ???? /

guess I'm a fool for you // MOVEMENT II: I Am Numb / could this be / love from high / new frontier / who's this guy / your so wise

/ I'm so gone / by summertime / you had it all / built a wall / 10 feet tall / now I laugh / at it all / out my mind / just in time / never

knew / I was blind / what to do / I cant see / mama said / let that be / easier / said than done / I cant feel / I am numb / bitter tree

/ fruit so raw / winter cold / let me thaw / I know you / do you hear me... / out my mind just in time // MOVEMENT III: ...But Not This

Time (The Child of the Work) / man, fuk this shit / I'm so addicted I cant quit / I'm tired of this / its time for me to make some steps / easy

to blame somebody else / but not this time (x 4) / 20 feet up out of ashes I can rise / like birds and children I can fly / and ill take my

phoenix flight / and u cant take mine / but you can try / but not this time (x4) / on and on I seem to go / round and round I seem to go /

always had the antidote / looking for the Holy Ghost / found it in the missing note / sinking in a hole-ly boat / on and on I seem to go /

round and round and round / oh oh ! (x4) / guess its time to grab my coat / sad I had to let you go / love is standing at the door / might not

have no where to go / finally I got a leading role / INTRODUCING 'SUPER DOPE' / starring in my episode / hello new world / OUT MY MIND...

Après y'a encore des Thank You's... L'album dure 50 minutes. Qui veut que je l'uploade en 320kbps? :mrgreen:EDIT:

Plusieurs personnes sur LastFM sont un peu déçus...

A bit of a letdown.... comparing to pt.1.
not as good as pt. 1 but very little is... another really great album from Erykah though.
Of course I'll give it more time, but I never thought I'd be so disappointed to see the Ankh back. Reminds me of Worldwide Underground, and not in a good way.

Je peux ouvrir un topic dans la partie Chiffre des Ventes et dans la partie principale de Rap Rnb Soul???

Modifié par Ang3lus

Voilà ma première impression de New Amerikah part 2 :

Album très bon, il s'enchaîne bien. C'est entrainant, apaisant, ensoleillé, l'opposé total de la part 1 (...et aussi de la cover, je comprend vraiment pas le choix de cette pochette). Je peux déjà dire que c'est mon album de l'été 2010.

Un esprit Pop des 70'/80' plane sur certains morceaux, les samples de David Sancious sur "Agitation" et de McCartney sur "Gone baby" n'y sont pas anodins. Je comprends mieux le choix de la reprise de "You've got a friend" en février dernier lors des NBA All-Star.

Cependant, j'ai pas l'impression d'écouter du Erykah Badu, il manque son empreinte. Lorsque je découvrais chacun de ses précédents albums, j'avais du mal à accrocher et puis au fil des écoutes je me plongeais dans son univers, je m'imprégnais des titres pour mieux les apprécier. Ici, c'est beaucoup plus accessible, peut-être trop accessible. Ce qui me fait redouter la lassitude qui risque de se créer après plusieurs écoutes.

Des morceaux plus Soulful aurait été parfait sur cette galette.

J'aime beaucoup, mais je reste sur ma faim.

Je précise que ce n'est qu'une première impression. A voire maintenant avec le temps.

Quel plaisir ce Return Of The Ankh ! 20 feet tall envoutante, Agitation trop courte dommage, aurait pu devenir le Penitentiary philosophy 2010 en partant dans ce funk psyché, Gone baby don't be long totalement addictive et soul chaude à souhait, Umm Hmm la touche old school avec le feeling et le groove d'Erykah, totalement Baduizm style, belle réussite ma préférée pour l'instant, Love celle qui a le moins d'impact pour l'instant, morceau d'ambiance sympa, mais qui décolle pas assez, trop de laid back tue le laid back :-) You loving me (session) quel dommage que ça dure pas au moins 3 ou 4min!!! c beaucoup trop court cet Afro Freestyle 2010, Fall in love (your funeral) j'avais peur au départ en voyant ce sample maintes fois repris, mais c'est juste la touche parfaite d' Erykah, sa vibe, smooth, sexy, pénétrante :-) j'aime beaucoup, Incense instru onirique splendide, dommage qu'Erykah chante pas + dessus et ne s'est pas laissée aller à + d'improvisation, Out my mind Just in time extase musical, début énorme, milieu très bon malgrès que j'aurais préféré une mélodie vocale + à la Erykah qu'à la Georgia Anne Muldrow (mélodies souvent torturées), et la dernière partie qui nous emmène encore + loin parfaite!

Seul petit reproche (s'il ya un reproche à faire), un peu trop court, une ou deux autres chansons un peu longues (3 -4 min) auraient été les bienvenues, pour compenser le fait qu'il y ait une instru, et 2 morceaux de 1min - 1min30.

Et avec toute cette attente (ce Part 2 devait sortir fin juillet 2008 à la base lol) elle a eu le temps d'enregistrer et elle aurait pu glisser d'autres morceaux dans l'album! Eh ouii on en veut toujours + :-) c'est ça la musique, c'est de la drooogue!

Le nouveau clip d'Erykah WINDOW SEAT =>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGt-Zg8aC5Q

Un strip tease progressif d'Erykah, pour finir en nu intégral et un final....!

On sait pas trop où le clip nous mène au départ, mais la fin wow, pitch perfect!

Nouvelles infos: l'album sort le 17 mai et The-Dream a dit hier sur Twitter qu'il va sortir 4 singles et 4 clips avant la sortie de ce 3ème opus.

Le premier single Love King, produit par Los Da Mystro, est sorti hier.

v Pochette en géant.

Love_King.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoDpuafrJG0

Téléchargez

The-dream-4-videos.png

:mdr:

LOVE/AFFAIR 4th lp?
Love King Remix feat video April 1st

Love/Affair pourrait être le nom de son 4ème album.

La vidéo du remix de LoveKing arrive le 1er Avril normalement je crois. Bref, tout bientôt on aura plein de clips de The-Dream qui vont débarquer, attention :)

Rah Digga revient avec un nouveau single qui sort ce mois-ci, This Ain't No Lil Kid Rap... Ce 2ème album, Classic, est produit entrèrement par Nottz (il a produit Showdown, The Last Word, Straight Spittin' Part II, What's Up Wit' That et Just for You sur son 1er album) et sortira cet été. Il n'y aura aucun featuring.

Son dernier -et premier- album, Dirty Harriet est sorti fin 1999/début 2000 (peak aux USA: #18).

Sitting in a moderately crowded martini bar in South Orange, New Jersey, Rah Digga joyfully sips her Jolly Rancher martini. As she enjoys her cocktail, she begins making casual conversation with a couple of women sitting a few bar stools down. She looks relaxed. She exudes a calming aura that makes those near ash though they have known her for years. The New Jersey native appears to be a regular customer who frequents, not one of the greatest female emcees to ever touch the mic.

When it comes to females in Hip-Hop, there are a very select few who can hold their own trying to survive in a male dominated industry. The majority of people expect females to be soft, exude sex appeal, brag about the designer labels they wear and how much money they are getting. Not Rah Digga. But then again, Rah Digga isn’t your average female emcee.

Ten years ago, Rah Digga came on the scene with a mission to prove that she could out rhyme even the best emcee, male or female. She made it clear that she wasn’t just about the party records. In fact, her true love for Hip-Hop consisted of her murdering the beat and penning rhymes that can make the hottest emcee double back into the studio to re-write verses.

It has been 10 years since Rah Digga dropped, but Dirty Harriet is back from the underground railroad of rap. “If you like the old Rah Digga, you’re gonna love the new Rah Digga!” Digga says. Continue.

AllHipHop.com: You’ve been away for quite a while. A lot people might be thinking what does Rah Digga have left to contribute to Hip Hop?

Rah Digga: Rah Digga is Hip Hop! One thing about me, from day one, I’ve always presented myself as someone who loves rhyming and who is an emcee first and foremost. I didn’t come to the game because of how I looked or how I dressed or how I did anything else except for how I rhymed. I think it’s just something that’s in me. It wasn’t something that was put together by a label. It wasn’t something somebody else invented. This is something I’ve been doing all my life. So whenever I’m allowed to do me, you’re always gonna get the best female emcee that ever did it.

l_1651ba0074894f9a9511954e670d0c43.jpg

^la photo date de 2008, mais bon...

+ suite de l'interview avec AllHipHop.com ici: http://allhiphop.com/stories/features/archive/2010/03/25/22154374.aspx

Elle a de l'ambition, elle a dit qu'elle va sauver le hip-hop et tout...

Interview avec le magazine XXL ICI (vidéo).

Une première chanson a filtré en février, ça s'appelle Warning Shots, mais ça sera pas sur l'album. Y'aura 11 chansons sur l'album, du PUR HIP-HOP, pas de chansons dance ou j'sais pas trop quoi...

Ecoutez Warning Shots: http://www.hiphopsite.com/2010/02/24/rah-digga-nottz-warning-shots-mp3/

greatest LP from a female emcee ever” and “female Illmatic”

Qui est excité lève le pouce! :thumb_yello:

mais d'un côté, j'ai un peu peur, elle se la pète trop, en plus elle appelle l'album Classic, s'il craint, ça va faire mal... mais j'pense pas... :fetes1:

EDIT: Straight Spittin' Part 4 sera sur l'album :fetes1:

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...