Aller au contenu

Kyla La Grange ℘ SO SWEET

Messages recommandés

Kyla-La-Grange-006.jpg

Kyla La Grange est une chanteuse anglaise de 25 ans qui vient de sortir son premier album.

Pochette (magnifique) de l'album :

ashes-sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
01 – Walk Through Walls
02 – Courage
03 – I Could Be
04 – To Be Torn
05 – Vampire Smile
06 – Woke Up Dead
07 – Been Better
08 – Heavy Stone
09 – You Let It Go
10 – Catalyst
11 – Lambs/Sympathy

12 – Love You Better
13 – Walk
14 – The River

Message de l'intéressée :

0995_425539217485478_1947620854_n.jpg

[media=]

[/media]

[media=]

[/media]

268368_427419330630800_1039009220_n.jpg

• Like 7

J'ai logiquement écouté l'album hier soir, et ce fut vraiment une agréable surprise :) Coups de coeur pour Lambs, Walk Through Walls et Sympathy :throb: Et puis cette voix qui me rappelle tellement Lana par moments... :wub:

Si vous aimez Lana Del Rey (et même si vous n'aimez pas -_-), je vous conseille vivement d'écouter cet opus !

• Like 1
  • 2 semaines après...

Plus j'écoute son album plus j'aime, wow quoi, cette fille va exploser (au figuré hm) dans les prochains mois ce n'est pas possible autrement (ou c'est un scandale) je la vois bien dans 1 an (#whysolate) être dans le top 10 US (comme Ellie Goulding par exemple avec 'Lights').

• 2 semaines après...

Je n'ai pas encore eu le temps d'écouter l'album en entier mais le peu que j'ai écouté m'a plus que convaincu.

Par contre la pochette de l'édition Deluxe (la première ci-dessous) est moche par rapport à la standard qui est elle sublime. Dommage :(.

41vYVvLbpKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg41v2ojo04nL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

• Like 1
  • 1 mois après...
  • 3 semaines après...

J'aime aussi, j'aime tout♥.

En tout cas de toutes mes connaissances qui l'ont écoutée, je n'ai eu aucun retour négatif sur sa musique.

Elle a fait pas mal de concerts au Royaume-Uni, en Allemagne, ce mois-ci c'est plus la Suisse, j'espère qu'elle continuera (et passera par France/Belgique), malgré ses deux classements dans le monde pour le moment, j'y crois à son futur succès.

• Like 1
  • 3 mois après...
  • 1 mois après...

Nouvelle interview :

In the lengthy lists of our downloads it’s rare to be able to select an emerging musician knowing that you will immediately be pulled into an unpredictable musical and emotional experience.

But Kyla La Grange is this artist. Helped by the same team as Radiohead and Nick Cave her debut album ‘Ashes’ was released in the summer of 2012, followed by a tour concept that can only be described as intensive. In September last year she collaborated with The Africa Express project, touring the UK on a train alongside musicians from across Africa and The West. Her live performances and those of her band, all of whom hone their sound under Kyla’s direction, have developed a strong and loyal fan base, a feat in itself when underwhelming stage shows have unravelled many weaker performers before her.

We catch up with Kyla in the run up to her second album to talk outlandish stage shows, happier music and giant spiders.

YOUR SUPPORTERS ARE REVEALING THEMSELVES TO BE VERY LOYAL, AND THEY’VE GROWN SUBSTANTIALLY OVER THE PAST THREE YEARS. THAT MUST BE A GREAT FEELING…

It’s a wonderful feeling. I never imagined I’d get to hear people sing my own lyrics back to me at gigs, or even have enough fans to be able to tour my own music. I write the songs primarily for me, alone in my room, so the fact that anyone else enjoys listening to them is an unexpected bonus.

YOU’RE KNOWN FOR YOUR LIVE PERFORMANCES – WHICH ASPECTS DO YOU ENJOY THE MOST?

I’ve never actually been that comfortable performing live, to be honest. I see myself as primarily a songwriter, and then the performance aspect is something I’ve had to learn to do. Having said that, it is an amazing feeling, like I said above, to hear people singing your songs at one of your shows is overwhelming. But at a lot of gigs I still just feel quite exposed and worry that there are people in the audience not enjoying it. If I see even one person who looks like they hate it, it kind of spoils the show for me.

IMAGINE BUDGET WASN’T AN ISSUE – HOW WOULD YOU SET UP YOUR STAGE FOR PERFORMANCE?

Oh wow, I’ve actually thought about this many times. I’d have an enchanted forest, with different characters in fancy dress who appear through the trees and interact with the band and I, and I’d have coloured balls of light that could be thrown into the audience, so that when the lights were down you could just see all these little lit up balls being thrown around like little magic jumping sprites. I’d also like to have a giant spider web made out of tiny lights that could be lowered and raised above the stage.

WOULD YOU WANT TO COLLABORATE WITH ANYONE IN PARTICULAR TO DESIGN THIS?

She’s not here anymore, but Louise Bourgeois would have been awesome. I’d have asked for one of her giant spiders over the stage. It’d have to have a massive truck to take it around in for tours though.

TELL US ABOUT YOUR PROJECT WITH THE AFRICA EXPRESS LAST YEAR – IT WAS A VERY UNIQUE CONCEPT.

It was such an incredible experience, they basically invited a bunch of African musicians and a bunch of Western musicians to come on board a train and collaborate with each other while the train drove around the UK. Each night we’d stop off and perform in a different city – we rehearsed during the day on the train. I met so many lovely people, and the performances were unforgettable. It was a real honour to take part.

YOU’VE HAD A VERY VARIED AND BUSY 2012 TOURING WITH YOUR FIRST ALBUM, WHAT’S INFLUENCING THE SECOND ONE?

The second album is shaping up to be totally different to the first, both sonically and in lyrical content. I was very unhappy a lot of the time I was writing the first album, and I had gone through a few break-ups which pretty much commanded all of my writing energy. This time round I’ve been much more stable, just much happier I guess, so I’ve been able to write about all kinds of things, not just depression and heartbreak. I also stopped using the guitar to write with because I felt like I was getting stuck in a rut with my writing patterns. I dug out this old keyboard I got when I was 12 which has some cool old plinky fake xylophone sounds on it and then got a lot more into creating beats on garage band too. Hopefully I won’t alienate too many fans with my newfound love of the fake xylophone…

ça + des tweets parlant de nouvelles musiques qu'elle a envoyé pour faire écouter, ça se précise beaucoup, ce ne serait pas étonnant d'avoir le deuxième album d'ici la fin de l'année.

Ce qu'il faut retenir de l'interview c'est qu'il sera apparemment très différent du premier, abordant des sujets plus variés et tout simplement plus joyeux que ses peines.

WHO'S EXCITED?

#promo #elleabesoindargent

Saviez-vous que vous pouviez commander son album pour moins de 10 euros sur son site officiel?

Mais aussi un joli sac :

22.jpg

Ainsi que ses 4 beaux vinyles.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...