Aller au contenu

Mumford & Sons | Babel (24/09/2012)

Spencer

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...

L'an dernier, Adele a chanté au mariage de Marcus Mumford (le "leader" du groupe, pour les non initiés) avec Carey Mulligan d'où, je suppose, la longue étreinte.

tumblr_mi6bljH6z51qjeqwxo1_500.jpg

Ils sont également fans l'un de l'autre et Adele a d'ailleurs déjà évoqué le souhait d'une collaboration :

In terms of singing on a track alongside someone, I'd love to collaborate with Mumford & Sons because Marcus Mumford's voice goes straight through me. It reminds me of the first time that I heard Etta James and how that made me feel.

http://www.nme.com/news/adele/59873

La vidéo de la victoire de Babel aux Grammy avec le discours non censuré de Marcus (comprenant une petite boutade à Adele) :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DasqyqGw8hQ&feature=player_embedded

Ils ont également adressé ce message sur leur site officiel, le lendemain de la cérémonie :

tumblr_inline_mi4c15riwE1qz4rgp.jpg

It feels like a moment to thank everyone for their support of the band and our album Babel. Our friends and family at home and our new friends and family in America. It’s all very bizarre but jokes nonetheless. This does a lot to help us continue our dreams of touring more and making new music.

More importantly though, the day before yesterday Ryan Giggs scored to continue his record of scoring in every premier league. That’s 21 back-to-back. Whoever you support you’ve got to give it to him.

Much love,
W, B, M & T x

tumblr_mi68fiGpp71qfkkmwo4_r1_250.gif

Enfin, dans une interview pour Rolling Stones, ils sont revenus notamment sur le succès surprise de Sigh No More, la pression qu'ils ont ressenti avant la sortie de Babel et évoquent leur rencontre avec entre autres Elton John et Jack White :

Mumford & Sons React to ‘Mind-F—-ing’ Grammy Win

Band was thrilled to meet heroes from Jack White to Tom Morello

From RollingStone.com
By Patrick Doyle
Photo by Kevin Winter/WireImage
February 13, 2013 4:05 PM ET

“We’re fucking knackered,” says Marcus Mumford, sipping a coffee on a leather couch backstage at Brooklyn’s Barclays Center yesterday. He sounds hoarse and a little dazed from Mumford & Sons’ biggest weekend ever: After playing their first of two shows at the Barclays Center last Wednesday, they flew to L.A., where they played for Bruce Springsteen at a Grammy tribute event, performed during the live Grammy broadcast – and won Album of the Year for their second LP, Babel. ”When we released [2009’s] Sigh No More, our manager said, ‘We’re probably gonna sell between 100,000 and 150,00 records.’ And we were like, ‘That’s amazing!’” says Mumford. “Since then, everything has gotten more ridiculous, fantastical and mind-fucking.”

Sigh No More ended up becoming a double-platinum smash, creating intense pressure for the band’s follow-up. “As we were making Babel, Sigh No More’s shadow kept getting bigger and bigger. There was a lot in us that was like, ‘That’s OK, fuck it, Babel will be the disappointing second child – like a lot of us are, actually,’” the singer says with a big laugh. “And that’s fine. We were making it really believing it and thinking about that as much as possible – and so it’s really sweet now to see it do its thing as well. That’s crazy for us.”

Coming from the U.K., the band didn’t take the Grammys completely seriously. “I actually said to Adele she should read out our name no matter who it was,” says keyboardist Ben Lovett. Adds bassist Ted Dwane, “It felt really weird. We’d been [to the Grammys] a few times. The physiological experience of sitting there and being shortlisted and calling out someone else’s name was rehearsed. But this third time, we won. They called us up. And it was the big one, as well. Really crazy.”

Marcus Mumford says he doesn’t pay too much attention to mainstream music, but he found himself surprised by the night’s performances. “Bruno Mars was fucking amazing. He’s a badass. When he played with Sting, that was sick. I’ve heard so many things about Frank Ocean. Now I really want to go hear his record.”

The band were also stunned to meet heroes like Elton John and Jack White (“He was so nice – I was so surprised,” says Mumford). Says Dwane, “I remember seeing the Black Keys at a venue twice the size of this dressing room. I was a die-hard fan. It’s just so weird being in a category with them. Sitting next to them, these people I’ve had posters of. I was in tears.”

No one loomed larger for banjo player Winston Marshall than Rage Against the Machine guitarist Tom Morello. “It meant a lot to me,” he says. “I was a bit too young to see Rage before their hiatus, but I went to every single Audioslave show in London. I went to three in a row once. I fucking loved that band. I loved Tom Morello. To have him liking our music – apparently he’d been to our gigs – for me was just fucking surreal. We talk to these people, and whether it’s fucking Jack White or Elton John, they’re just lovely people who love music as much as you do.

tumblr_mi2yelkGfg1qjeqwxo1_500.jpg

• Like 3

‘Album of the Year’ Folk Band Mumford & Sons To Do Hip-Hop Album

marcus-mumford-jay-z.jpg?w=620

“We really want to rap,” lead vocalist Marcus Mumford tells Rolling Stone in a recent interview “We’ve just got so much to say – saying it through a melody doesn’t really work for me.” The West London collective are working on their third album and wants to “do something that’s a cousin” to the indie folk/bluegrass sound that populated their first two LPs according to Mumford.

The band have been taking this idea more seriously than a simple pet project with the band admitting to rapping during practice sessions and even consulting a Hip Hop demigod for guidance.

“We’ve been talking with Jay-Z about it, you know. It’s gonna be a fresh experience for our band,” Mumford said.

Babel was recorded in a little over a year and the band expects a longer process for the new album. “It might take a few more years than it took to make Babel.”It might take a few more years than it took to make Babel,” says band member Winston Marshall.

Excellente nouvelle.

tumblr_ly0jtr2IDS1qg4z96o1_500.gif

• Like 2

tumblr_ma0513Ar2p1rdznq4o1_500.gif

Je ne sais pas trop quoi en penser.

Si Jay-Z chapote le truc, ça aura forcément un minimum de gueule mais je ne vois absolument pas Marcus rapper, encore moins avec un son de banjo derrière ! :lol:

Il n'empêche qu'ils sont en train de se faire un réseau non négligeable puisque Marcus a également collaboré avec... Justin Timberlake sur la BO du prochain film des frères Coen (dans lequel joue sa femme, Carey Mulligan) !

Justin spoke about the collaboration to America’s Capital FM radio on Tuesday.

"OK I can tell you this. There's a Coen brothers film coming out soon that I was lucky enough to work with Oscar Isaac and Carey Mulligan. And coincidentally I did work with Marcus Mumford on the soundtrack, so I became very good friends with them," he said.

The 32-year-old singer stars opposite Carey, Oscar and John Goodman in the forthcoming film, based loosely on a posthumous memoir by folk singer Dave Van Ronk, entitled The Mayor of MacDougal Street.

Mumford co-produced the soundtrack with T Bone Burnett and Timberlake was ecstatic to jump on board.

"Marcus and myself, we all kind of worked on the music together and I don't know any other world where we would have the opportunity to collaborate like that but it was so much fun," he said. "So not only will that be a great movie, but the music to it will be fantastic."

Inside Llewyn Davis is scheduled for release later this year.

• Like 4

PUTAIN MAIS ENFIN !!!!

Imaginez les retombées que cela peut avoir si le public adhère et que les radios suivent. Je n'ai d'ailleurs jamais compris pourquoi Virgin, par exemple, diffusait leurs cousins The Lumineers et Of Monsters And Men et les snobbait complètement en dépit de leur succès mondial.

En Europe, il ne reste véritablement que la France à conquérir. Babel est un réel succès dans les pays germaniques, même l'Espagne est actuellement en train de succomber !

tumblr_m1yutmZ5Vn1r81pkn.gif

• Like 1
  • 2 semaines après...
  • 2 mois après...

La sortie de Babel en 4ème single semble se préciser : le morceau a été ajouté à la playlist de Xfm outre Manche. :unsure:

Aux USA, ça sent la double exploitation (et donc le gros bordel). Les ajouts radio de la semaine dernière :

POP

1 MUMFORD & SONS Lover Of The Light Glassnote Stations

ALTERNATIVE ROCK

4 MUMFORD & SONS Babel Glassnote Stations

HOT AC

1 MUMFORD & SONS Lover Of The Light Glassnote Stations

TRIPLE A

2 MUMFORD & SONS Babel Glassnote Stations

tumblr_m7wu73o5fx1qj0kuho6_250.gif

Tout le monde semble s'en foutre mais c'est désormais officiel : Babel est bel et bien le nouveau single.

Il vient d'entrer en playlist sur Radio 1, chouette...

2resf3c.png

Encore un flop single à prévoir très certainement... :indifferent:

Si ça peut maintenir l'album dans le top 40 UK, pourquoi pas (même si merde quand même, quoi) mais ce serait bien d'envisager une exploitation de Lovers' Eyes et Hopeless Wanderer qui se détachent clairement de l'album !

Vous allez voir qu'ils vont sortir Holland Road...

• Like 2
Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...