Aller au contenu

Amy Kuney, We Were Waiting For You!

Forum

Messages recommandés

18720_AmyKuney001.jpg

Amy Kuney est une jeune chanteuse auteure-compositrice de 26ans que j'ai connu grâce un genre de playlist-radio.

Dès que sa voix est arrivée sur la chanson, je me suis dit que j'allais l'adorer mais cette chanson aurait pu être une pépite isolée...mais non heureusement.

Pour commencer par le commencement, elle est américaine, elle a écrit sa première chanson à 12 ans, à 20 ans elle signe chez Spin Move Records et sort une EP éponyme.

Elle apparaît la même année dans Gilmore Girls où elle y chante une de ses chansons.

Ses chansons apparaissent à la télé notamment 'It's all downhill from here' dans 'One Three Hill'.

Elle est aussi connue pour ses nombreuses reprises du net, notamment 'The Blower's Daughter' de Damien Rice qui l'invtera à la suite de ça à chanter à ses concerts en Icelande en Juillet 2008.

En Août 2008 elle fait la première partie de Kate Voegele.

Son premier album studio 'Bird's Eye View" sort en Septembre 2008.

AmyKuney_BirdsEyeView.jpg

Deux titres en exemple :

Simple things:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHzRWMlDrYs

Appreciate your hands:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEALrYVP-Ps

Elle va revenir avec un deuxième album bientôt, elle en a déjà sorti pas mal de singles promos.

C'est d'ailleurs le lead single de ce deuxième album à paraître que j'ai entendu en premier d'elle, 'Gasoline Rainbows', voici le clip :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD7mXYVk9bM

Un autre single en live (de très bonne qualité) 'Waiting for you' (d'où le titre du topic) c'est une chanson qu'elle a écrit pour Lady Gaga :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lRhSpVEoCU&ob=av2n

Et vu qu'elle fait le buzz en ce moment : Amy Kuney adore Lana Del Rey et a repris 'Video games' sa première reprise depuis des mois :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H52PXvkHe9o

• Like 1

C'est une chanson qu'elle a écrit en pensant à Lady Gaga, c'est vrai que ça peut sembler particulier car les artistes ont tendance à ne mettre en avant qu'eux-mêmes mais c'est logique avec sa personnalité. Comme le fait qu'elle continue de temps en temps à poster des vidéos de reprises comme 'Video games' y'a une semaine.

• 3 semaines après...
  • 4 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...

Texte publié sur son site officiel :

When I was 13 years old, my dad was ‘called’ to be a missionary in Honduras. As a family, we weren’t ‘cut out’ for the mission field – I had no idea my world was about to be kicked over on its side. One moment I was busy doing homework and planning slumber parties, the next moment I suddenly found myself in a third world country recovering from a hurricane. I went into culture shock as the poverty, disease, and the idea that human life isn’t so precious in other parts of the world… slowly seeped in.

Most children grow up in ‘phases’ – I was given no time for that. I took on the mental weight of an adult the moment I stepped out of that tiny TACA airplane… and into the rest of my life. In fact, the only evidence that I even had a childhood exists in a black 32×17 Rubbermaid trunk. I bought the trunk to protect my books, CDs, and photo albums from the Honduran heat and humidity. Today, I keep the trunk in my closet. It contains stacks of letters from my 8th grade Sunday school class… wishing me well, wishing me luck. It contains letters I wrote to myself… promising myself I would get out alive. It contains the jewelry I wore the day I was kidnapped… the photographs that were taken minutes before it happened, photographs of a dear friend who gave his life so that I could live. It contains fragments of a life that I shut away until now…

When I began writing for this album, I opened the trunk for the first time in years. The overwhelming smell of dark mahogany, coffee, and burning sugarcane (the smell of Honduras) hit me like a wall, and I knew that all the memories I’d stifled were begging to be brought to life. I also knew that I was being presented with a choice: I could let these memories, and the experiences that they represent, cuff me, paralyze me, and make me bitter… or I could turn them into something beautiful… something that other people could relate to and, hopefully, find comfort in. This is my gift.

I’m calling my album “ONYX” for a number of personal reasons… one being that it’s a stone, a stone that helps to deflect negative energy and helps us to balance and control our emotions. I feel certain that we do not have control over what happens to us, but we DO have control over how it affects us. We can choose to be the victim of our circumstances, or we can choose to use our circumstances as fuel to rise above.

I can’t give a date for when ONYX will be released, but every day I’m getting closer. I thank you all for your patience, love and support.

L'info principale c'est que l'album s'appellera 'ONYX' et qu'il n'y a toujours pas de date de sortie pour le moment.

• Like 1
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...