Aller au contenu

Messages recommandés

Une de mes chanteuses préferées, Jewel, va sortir son best of ou GREATEST HITS demain!

2654639-jewel-greatest-hits-cover-300.jp

L'album contient les chansons suivantes:

"Who Will Save Your Soul”
“You Were Meant For Me”
“Foolish Games”
“Hands”
“Down So Long”
“Jupiter”
“Standing Still”
“Break Me”
“Intuition”
“Good Day”
“Stronger Woman”
“Somewhere Over The Rainbow”
“Satisfied”“
Foolish Games” – with Kelly Clarkson
"You Were Meant For Me” – with the Pistol Annies

+

Two Hearts Breaking (Inedit)

La chanson Two Hearts Breaking est deja lancée sur radio aux Etats Unis et est deja top 40 cette semaine sur Adult Contemporary Chart, mais je crois que tout le monde attend avec impatience son duet avec Kelly Clarkson pour chanson ( ma chanson preferée de TOUTES!) FOOLISH GAMES

Jewel & Kelly Clarkson Team Up For “Foolish Games” Duet: Listen

Well! This changes everything. No more listening to that sad old ’90s recording of Jewel‘s “Foolish Games” while gazing mournfully out your window as the hot breath from your tears steams up the glass and you think about your squandered youth and the people you’ve loved who abandoned you when you needed them most. No more of that — because now, you can do that with a whole new song!

Yes, the iconic ’90s hit has gotten an update for Jewel’s Greatest Hits release, now with a little more country styling and tense, bombastic production courtesy of legendary producer Dann Huff. But most importantly — it’s now a duet with Kelly Clarkson. Kelly Clarkson, unparalleled authority on bruised vengeance ballads. That Kelly Clarkson. So — while Clarkson mostly plays fair, resisting the urge to drown out Jewel’s silky vocals with her deafening anguish-roar except on a few spectacular runs — it’s still safe to say that this is the most important musical recording of all time. Listen below.

http://idolator.com/7422402/jewel-kelly-clarkson-foolish-games-listen

• Like 2

KELLY CLARKSON DUETS WITH JEWEL ON ‘FOOLISH GAMES’
by Scott Shetler

Kelly-Jewel-recording-400x300.png

Jewel’s haunting piano ballad ‘Foolish Games’ has been given a makeover for her greatest hits album, thanks to Kelly Clarkson, who duets with the singer-songwriter on a new recording of the track.

Clarkson first appears during the chorus of the new song, adding harmony to Jewel’s lyrics about a lover’s selfish game-playing. The quiet song reaches emotional new heights during the second verse, when drums kick in as Clarkson begins singing. The women let loose during the final chorus, wailing like two scorned divas determined to get revenge with their voices.

The original ‘Foolish Games,’ paired with ‘You Were Meant for Me’ as a double-sided single, charted for more than a year, reaching No. 2 in 1997 and earning Jewel a Grammy nomination. The Alaskan-born singer has branched out in recent years, recording both country and children’s music albums. ‘Greatest Hits’ drops on Feb. 5.

As for Clarkson, she’s focusing on her wedding to fiance Brandon Blackstock, which is currently planned for the fall. Blake Shelton is already lined up to sing at the wedding. Maybe Jewel will sing at the ceremony too — hopefully something more upbeat, though! Check out the duet below.

http://popcrush.com/kelly-clarkson-duets-jewel-foolish-games/

Foolish Games 2.0.13

The 90s continues to reign as another singer from the decade has new material coming out. Well, semi-new material. Singer/songwriter Jewel is set to release her very long-awaited Greatest Hits album next month with several new recordings on it. Why is it long awaited? Because most of Jewel’s hits from the 90s that we know and love aren’t the same versions that appeared on her albums. Two of her biggest, You Were Meant For Me and Foolish Games, were both remixed for their radio releases. Meanwhile, subsequent but lesser-known singles like Jupiter, Break Me and This Way were also re-recorded upon their release while songs like Serve The Ego and Only One Two received dance remixes. The versions of the songs that make it onto this compilation will all be the non-album versions when applicable. Making many of them available for the first time.

Perhaps another surprise on the compilation is a re-recording of Foolish Games as a duet with fellow pop-sometimes-country singer Kelly Clarkson. While the single from the set is the only true new song on there, Two Hearts Breaking, a pop song mixed with a hint of Jewel’s recent country rebirth, the attention-grabber is the updated version of her chart-topping hit from 1997. It’s not as stripped as either of the original versions (remember: there was the original album version and the radio remix), but it still holds the same charm that retains its classic status. Accompanied by drums, Kelly comes in for the second verse and while she doesn’t steal the show, she takes the song to a new level before returning it back to Jewel unscathed.

• Like 2

Je ne connais réellement que "Hands" et "Intuition" et j'aime beaucoup ces chansons. Deux titres à l'opposé l'un de l'autre. Il me semble que "Hands" est plus représentatif de son travail, non ?

Je jetterai sans doute une oreille sur ce best of, histoire de parcourir un peu son oeuvre.

• Like 1

@ M Skin, j'attends de voir ce que tu vas dire :)

@Allan ... Intuition etait la premiere chanson de Jewel que j'ai decouvert et aimais ... Puis, un album apres autre et je suis amoureux de Jewel

Comme j'ai dit, FOOLISH GAMES est pour moi LA PLUS BELLE CHANSON en l'anglais! et ma chanson preferee de toutes les chansons!Les mots ...la musique ...sa voix ... les emotions ...

• Like 3

Qu'es ce que j'ai pu l'écouter Jewel....

Elle avait tout pour faire une immense carrière, j'ai jamais compris ce revirement de situation, en tout cas je suis ravi de la sortie de ce best of qui contient la plupart de ses beaux titres

Son album de noël est une pépite, j'ai adoré son virage dance avec 0304, ses incursions country, et bien sur ses influences folk, cette artiste est une touche à tout, et réussit presque tout ce qu'elle propose, j'ai lâché après "Perfectly clear" qui correspondait moins à ce que j'attendais d'elle, alors ce best of est vraiment le bienvenu

• Like 1

C'est vrai que moi, aussi, j'ai perdu l'interet poue elle quand elle a commence avec country ... Il y a des chansons que j'aime bien comme

Stronger Woman

I Do

mais, mon album prefere de Jewel reste GOODBYE ALICE IN WONDERLAND

et puis This Way/ Spirit/ 0304

et jusqu'au cet album, Goodbye A I W, j'ai tous les cds de Jewel

p.s. Je viens de telecharger l'album GREATEST HITS
:)

Le Tracklisting est:

01. Who Will Save Your Soul 4:02
02. You Were Meant For Me (Album Edit) 3:49
03. Foolish Games 4:02
04. Hands 3:55
05. Down So Long 4:14
06. Jupiter (Swallow The Moon) (Single Version) 3:42
07. Standing Still 4:32
08. Break Me (Radio Remix) 4:04
09. Intuition 3:50
10. Good Day 3:45
11. Stronger Woman (Radio Edit) 3:54
12. Somewhere Over The Rainbow 4:26
13. Satisfied (Radio Edit) 4:10
14. You Were Meant For Me (Feat. Pistol Annies) 5:24
15. Foolish Games (Feat. Kelly Clarkson) 4:11
16. Two Hearts Breaking

J'aime bien que ce sont les edits et remixes qu'on a mis sur l'album au lieu de versions album!

• 2 semaines après...
  • 1 mois après...

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Jewel va sortir tres bientot

GREATEST HITS: REMIXES !!!!!

J'adore la pochette!!!

41bT9l1lUUL_SS420__zps2d71de73.jpg

1. Two Hearts Breaking (DJ Laszlo Extended Mix)
2. Two Hearts Breaking (Bimbo Jones Remix)
3. Two Hearts Breaking (Andi Durrant & Steve More Club Mix)
4. Two Hearts Breaking (Timothy Allan & Mark Loverush Remix)
5. Standing Still (Juanjo Martin 2013 Remix)
6. Foolish Games (Cutmore 2013 Remix)
7. Intuition (Todd Terry In-House Mix)
8. Stand (Markus Schulz Club Mix)
9. Only One Too (Lenny B. Club Mix)
10. Serve The Ego (Gabriel & Dresden Club Mix)

• 1 mois après...
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...