Aller au contenu

A-ha Foot Of The Mountain

Messages recommandés

'Foot of the Mountain' single

Following a surprise internet premiere on Friday April 24, the new a-ha single 'Foot of Mountain' has been picked up by radio stations in Norway, Germany, the UK and beyond. Ken Bruce of Radio 2 in the UK premiered the song on his program on Monday April 27. The entire broadcast is available online here ('Foot of the Mountain' can be heard at 38:12).

The cover of the new single was designed by Martin Kvamme, who also designed the cover and logo for Analogue. There is a short interview with Martin about the 'Foot of the Mountain' cover on the fan site a-ha fan cafe.

a-ha.com

Cover single

AHA_foot_of_the_mountain.jpg

Texte du single:

Keep your clever lines

Hold your easy rhymes

Silence everything

Silence always wins

It's a perfect alibi

There's no need to analyze

It will be all right

Through the longest night

Just silence everything

But we could live by the foot of the mountain

We could clear us a yard in the back

Build a home by the foot of the mountain

We could stay there and never come back

Learn from my mistake

Leave what others take

Speak when spoken to

And do what others do

Silence always wins

So silence everything

It will be all right

In the morning light

Just silence everything

We could clear us a yard in the back

We could live together

We could make us a white picket fence

we could stay there and see how it ends

We could stay there and see how it ends

Site officiel a-ha.com

MySpace officiel: http://www.myspace.com/aha

Twitter: http://twitter.com/aha_com

News 26/03/09 http://www.aha-fr.com

Le groupe A-ha a donné son premier concert de l'année 2009 à Sao Paolo au Brésil au Credicard Hall qui était complet ! Le groupe a interprété 22 titres dont 3 du futur album toujours en préparation.

La set list :

Living a Boy's Adventure Tale

The Blood That Moves The Body

Cry Wolf

Scoundrel Days

Manhattan Skyline

I've Been Losing You

Minor Earth Major Sky

Riding The Crest

Shadowside

I Dream Myself Alive

Hunting High and Low

Summer Moved On

Train of Thought

The Swing of Things

Stay On These Roads

What There Is

Forever Not Yours

Crying In The Rain

The Living Daylights

Rappel :

The Sun Always Shines on TV

Analogue

Take On Me

Vidéos du concert, les 3 titres qui devraient faire partie de l'album:

"What there is": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4Fqw7yFifk

"Shadowside": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQOT-IWag8E

"Riding the crest": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C03KinFP_UA

Live au Royal Albert Hall de Londre, 24 mai 2008 - ils avaient déjà proposé deux des 3 titres

"Shadowside":

"Riding the crest":

2009-05-01

a-ha will be appearing on a couple of TV shows in Germany in the coming weeks.

May 21: 'Germany's Next Top Model'

a-ha will perform on the season finale of the popular TV show 'Germany's Next Top Model' on May 21. This show will be broadcast live from the Lanxess-Arena in Cologne starting at 8:15 pm German time on TV channel Pro7.

Tickets for the show are selling fast, but there may be some available here or here.

May 30: 'The Dome'

You can see a-ha on the German TV show The Dome on May 30 on RTL2. This will be the 50th episode of The Dome, and guests include a-ha, Pet Shop Boys, Reamonn, All-American Rejects, James Morrison, Sunrise Avenue, Mando Diao and Scooter.

a-ha.com

Tournée 2009:

http://www.a-ha.com/TOUR/

Le single est disponible en téléchargement digital en Norvège depuis 2 jours.

a-ha.com

• 3 semaines après...
La liste des morceaux présents sur l'album de A-ha, Foot of the Mountain qui sortira le 22 juin prochain, comprendra (seulement) 10 titres !

Voici la trackliste définitive confirmée par A-ha.com :

1. The Bandstand

2. Riding The Crest

3. What There Is

4. Foot Of The Mountain

5. Real Meaning

6. Shadowside

7. Nothing Is Keeping You Here

8. Mother Nature Goes To Heaven

9. Sunny Mystery

10. Start The Simulator

Photos promo

promo_shoot_1.jpg

promo_shoot_2.jpg

promo_shoot_4.jpg

aha-fr.com

• 2 semaines après...

Merci à toi d'alimenter ce topic.

J'ai écouté le single récemment en allant sur leur site et je le trouve personnellement très plaisant et efficace.

Je doute d'un come-back à succès en France malheureusement.

Morten n'a pas beaucoup vieilli et est toujours aussi séduisant. Absence par contre des 2 autres membres dans le clip...

C'est avec plaisir aidato.

Ce n'est pas la première fois que Magne et Paul sont en retrait dans un clip de a-ha.

Contente de voir que quelques personnes lisent même si je n'ai pas de réponses.

Sortie de l'album:

Confirmed release dates:

The countries are listed in alphabetical order. Please check back for updates.

Austria: June 19, 2009

Germany: June 12, 2009

Netherlands: June 19, 2009

Norway: June 15, 2009

*Poland: June 26, 2009*

Switzerland: June 19, 2009

United Kingdom: July 20, 2009

a-ha.com

Possibilités d'écouter des extraits sur amazon.de, mais aussi sur universal.no, voir:

http://www.a-ha.com/NEWS/AHA_fullNews.aspx?PostID=3282

Inside the mind of a-ha

It's about trying not to sound like an old people's home. It's about not being embarrassed by the 80s. And it's about "releasing Morten Harket's qualities". Here, a-ha put the finger on their own pulse in 2009.

COLOGNE (Dagbladet): A national pride. An export article over many years. Music video pioneers. Teenage idols. A big influence on a whole generation who grew up in the 80s. The stronghold of three big egos. And featuring a frontman who is likely to get entangled in intricate, improvised philosophical musings as soon as he gets a microphone in front of him.

These are all big parts of the image that's been created - and continually featured - of a-ha in the public over the last 25 years. It's no overstatement to say that a-ha's music has been under-reported and under-analyzed during the same period of time. But why?

Is it because it's always much funnier to report all the weird statements Morten Harket reels off in interview settings? Is it because the music has become a secondary thing, something we're taking slightly for granted in our worshipping of a-ha as celebrities, our only real pop stars ever?

Have we quite simply forgotten to ask questions about the meaning behind the music, but rather been more interested in spelt bread diets, Harket-biceps, colon cleansings, Furuholmen's Coldplay-friendship and the Waaktaar-Savoy family's fancy Manhattan apartment?

On the upcoming album Foot Of The Mountain something is finally happening in a-ha's music again. You can hear a battle going on between the mature, majestic adult pop version of

a-ha which has been established since the comeback in 2000 (represented here by the single "Foot Of The Mountain", among others) and another version of a-ha who are once again playing with the synth pop heritage from their own, early beginnings ("Riding The Crest", "What There Is"). A battle between a comfortable, friendly recognizability and a willingness to stir up this established drowsiness. Foot Of The Mountain represents a confrontation with one era, and a reconciliation with another era. But why now? And who has been pressing on for these changes to happen?

If we're going to consider a-ha a cultural pride of the nation, this is a very interesting musical change. And they - the songwriters Paul Waaktaar-Savoy and Magne Furuholmen - will get a chance to talk about it, without any interference, here and now. Completely void of improvised philosophical musings.

- Why the return to the synths?

Magne Furuholmen: - This is something I have really wanted to do. Intelligent synthpop, atmospheric and relevant - this was a sound we helped create. But I have been fighting really hard for it. "It was so embarrassing back then, why do it again?" But it was everything surrounding it that was embarassing, not the music itself.

Paul Waaktaar-Savoy: - We all wanted to do it, we were ready for something more technological this time. But for me it was easier said than done. The sound can easily become banal, more Kylie Minogue than Depeche Mode. I dug out the old synths and tried to set them up, but ended up seeking help with the programming part. We have tried many different things during these recording sessions, and there have been a few moments of full panic. You can always play with things you have done before, but it has to sound modern. But we also implied some interesting limitations from the start. It was for example not allowed to play chords, everything should be a riff. And we worked with eight tracks. That could be a fruitful dogmatic.

Furuholmen: - I originally wanted the album to be called Digital, as a contrast to our previous album Analogue. We are not 20-year-olds anymore, but we don't have to sound like an old people's home either. I don't want to accept that. I actually would have wanted us to go even more in a pure synth direction. That would have been a clearer statement. If it was up to me, we wouldn't have any string arrangements on the album at all, for example. But obviously I can't decide on everything in this band.

- So who decides?

Waaktaar-Savoy: - It's difficult to write together with someone, songwriting is an internal process, not external. And songwriting and recording are two completely different things. You can "hear" how a song should sound when you write it, and you're always chasing that feeling afterwards. It's like poker. You're playing and bluffing as well as you can. And you either have to continue playing, or you have to fold. And it's a difficult thing to see a song completely changing its character through the recording and production process. It will be going through a lot of changes before it's finished. And it's frustrating if you end up liking the song less. Sometimes it feels like a song has had all its teeth pulled out. We could probably have done everything ourselves, without any other producers, but I guess that would have lowered each our expected lifespans by about ten years.

Furuholmen: - There are many strong wills and different ambitions in this band. You need to have the sledgehammer ready, and fight for what you believe in. You have to remember that we are childhood friends, so that unfair tackle on the local football pitch when we were kids is still a part of your luggage. There's no reason to romanticize conflicts as a creative force, or make it into something mythological. There's a limit to everything, and we must also try to lift each other up. And the only one we can't keep out of the equation in this band is Morten Harket. He is incredibly important to our sound. Paul and myself have to accept that. Our task in this band, and the key to a-ha's greatness, is to release Morten's qualities.

- So how to use Morten Harket?

Furuholmen: - Morten's hubris, his operati can become overwhelming. Pushing him in a rock direction doesn't necessarily work either. Morten as a rocker lacks a certain credibility, he lacks 60 cigarettes a day and an alcohol problem. In an orchestral setting it tends to end up as schmaltzy, it becomes opera. But in the cool, distanced synth landscape he is perfect. Morten is a fantastic weapon to have in your arsenal. But he has to be used in the right way.

Waaktaar-Savoy: - Morten's voice fits in this soundscape. And I think he feels more at ease in it. In the song "Shadowside" there is a vocal range of five different keys, and few other vocalists would be able to pull that off. When I'm writing specifically for a-ha, I know what I have to work with vocally, who I can trust will achieve it.

- And everyone can agree that it's been a nice trip?

Waaktaar-Savoy: - It's become an album which hopefully is quite enjoyable.

Furuholmen: - Foot Of The Mountain is an album which makes its mark in a good way, there is more vitality here than in a long time. The album can almost be heard as a tribute to the original idea of a-ha.

- And what does Morten Harket himself think?

Morten Harket: - It's been a kick. This album represents a clear decision when it comes to choosing a specific direction. We have tried to limit ourselves and returned to a more synth-based sound. That's been a wonderful thing to do. I see it as a revitalization of us as band.

This article appeared in Dagbladet, 5 June 2009.

Text: Sven Ove Bakke.

Photo: Gorm K. Gaare.

aha-fr.com

News a-ha.com (qui fait peau neuve aux couleurs de l'album)

a-ha headlining the iTunes Live Festival on 24 July | 06.20.2009

The third annual month-long iTunes Live Festival will take place at the Roundhouse in London, and will include daily free performances by dozens of great artists. a-ha will take the stage on Friday 24 July, and a-ha.com will be giving away tickets to the concert!

The lineup for the festival includes Oasis, Snow Patrol, Franz Ferdinand, Kasabian, The Saturdays, Flo Rida, Bat For Lashes, Jack Peñate, Paolo Nutini and many more still to be announced. To see the full line up visit the iTunes (EU) Facebook page.

For those unable to attend - or those who want to relive the experience - all the performances will be recorded and made available for download on the iTunes site.

How can you win free tickets?

a-ha.com will have some tickets to give away to our members via a competition, so be sure to check back often to get the details and enter to win!

The iTunes Live website offers a couple of options to win tickets: if you're on Facebook, become a fan of the iTunes (EU) page and follow the instructions there, or a limited number of tickets will be given away on the iTunes Live competition page here. XFM Radio London 104.9 will also be giving away tickets and broadcasting from the shows, so be sure to tune in for more information.

Quelques articles:

http://www.purepeople.com/article/a-ha-rev...untain_a34046/1

http://www.20min.ch/ro/entertainment/best_...lectro-31844196

http://www.musiqueradio.com/article_news81...te-gratuite.php

http://www.zikeo.com/pop-rock/780-a-ha-album/

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/A-Ha/news-68104.html ;)

• 1 mois après...

J'ai découvert l'album sur le tard, la semaine dernière, après avoir écouté au hasard Foot of the mountain. La chanson m'avait déjà vraiment conquis par son côté aérien (très Embrace, par moment). Et l'album a confirmé cette impression. Vraiment un très bon opus, qui me donne envie d'écouter les précédents, puisque je ne connais que ma chanson fétiche, Take on me lol.

J'ai découvert l'album sur le tard, la semaine dernière, après avoir écouté au hasard Foot of the mountain. La chanson m'avait déjà vraiment conquis par son côté aérien (très Embrace, par moment). Et l'album a confirmé cette impression. Vraiment un très bon opus, qui me donne envie d'écouter les précédents, puisque je ne connais que ma chanson fétiche, Take on me lol.

Comme pas mal de Français Stef, vu le peu de passages radio du groupe... C'est dommage vu l'influence (reconnue) qu'ils ont eu sur certains gros groupes actuels.

Le nouvel album est un retour au son 80's, il est très différent de "Analogue", le précédent, qui était beaucoup plus rock/ folk acoustique (voir les singles: Celice, Analogue, Cosy Prison) . "Lifelines" (voir Forever not yours, Lifelines, Did anyone approach you) et "Minor Earth major Sky" (Summer moved on, Minor earth major Sky, Velvet, The sun never shone that day), les deux derniers albums studio chez WEA, sont aussi très différents. C'est un groupe dont le son évolue d'album en album. perso j'adhère, mais pour les non fans ça peut surprendre...

Aussi non, dans les classiques, "Scoundrel days" est leur meiller des années 80. "East of the sun West of the moon" a marqué un changement radical de style, plus rock et moins electro pop.

Live à Westfield 28/07/09

Hunting High & Low

Foot of the Mountain

Promo BBC

Morten Harket Vogue TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXmgqSvUwIE

a-ha Magic Indulgence - The Bandstand

The sun always shines on T V magic indulgence

Un événement ! Le 6 août 2009, deux légendes des eighties fêtent leur come-back dans le splendide décor du château d'Engers, en Allemagne. Un concert exceptionnel filmé par ARTE.

ARTE Live Web présente le concert en direct le 6 août à partir de 19h00 en direct.

"Take on me", "The sun always shines on TV", "Summer moved on", "Foot of the mountain", "Don't you (forget about me)", "Belfast child", "She's a river", "Stars will lead the way" - autant de tubes de A-ha et des Simple Minds qui ont étanché la soif de musique de toute une génération d'ados. "Pour nous, les fêtes dans le goût des années 80, c'est fini, mais il est intéressant de voir que nos enfants redécouvrent cette décennie et en apprécient la musique", assure au cours d'un entretien Morten Harket, le chanteur de A-ha. Mélancolique, mélodieux, accrocheur - le son A-ha n'a pas pris une ride. Foot of the mountain, leur dixième album, est ainsi l'un des meilleurs que les trois Norvégiens aient sortis depuis une dizaine d'années.

Les Simple Minds ont, eux aussi, sorti récemment un nouvel album, Graffiti soul, le seizième de leur carrière - une carrière qui a débuté à la fin des années 1970 sous les traits d'un groupe punk, les Johnny & The Self Abusers. On se souvient aujourd'hui encore des contributions légendaires du groupe aux grands shows humanitaires des eighties, en 1985 pour le Live Aid à Philadelphie et en 1988 pour le Mandela Tribute Concert au stade de Wembley, à Londres. Pour Jim Kerr, le chanteur, rien ne vaut la scène, aujourd'hui encore : "Le groupe des Simple Minds, c'est notre vie, notre musique, notre identité, mais aussi une amitié. Il est difficile d'imaginer une existence sans le groupe."

Simple Minds et A-ha en concert

samedi, 22 août 2009 à 22:45

Rediffusion lundi 24 août à 09H55

(Allemagne, 2009, 90mn)

SWR

Edité le : 27-07-09

Dernière mise à jour le : 04-08-09

http://www.arte.tv/fr/2775454.html

a-ha reprend Depeche Mode...

Foot of the moutain acoustique (BBC):

Hunting high & low acoustique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BzfWuqW99E

a-ha - The Bandstand - Live at The Roundhouse, London 24-07-09 :

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...