Aller au contenu

[News Rock/Folk/Indé] Divers

Messages recommandés

• 2 semaines après...
On ne sait pas si l'incroyable succès d'Elephant lui est monté à la tête ; en tout cas' date=' on est sûr d'une chose : le super groupe monté par [b']Jack White [/b]avec son poteau Brendan Benson s'appellera Raconteursaux fûts).

Le disque, pratiquement finalisé, est annoncé, rien que ça (!), comme la réponse de Detroit au Nevermind de Nirvana (groupe originaire de Seattle, ndr).

On ne devrait cependant pas pouvoir écouter cette merveille (?) avant la fin de la gigantesque tournée promo Get Behind Me Satan des White Stripes... Soit pas avant 2006 !

J'ai hâte d'écouter ça. Il est ambitieux ce Jack mais j'ai bien peur que ce pari soit presque impossible.

• Like 1
On ne sait pas si l'incroyable succès d'Elephant lui est monté à la tête ; en tout cas' date=' on est sûr d'une chose : le super groupe monté par [b']Jack White [/b]avec son poteau Brendan Benson s'appellera Raconteursaux fûts).

Le disque' date=' pratiquement finalisé, est annoncé, rien que ça (!), comme la réponse de Detroit au [i']Nevermind [/i]de Nirvana (groupe originaire de Seattle, ndr).

On ne devrait cependant pas pouvoir écouter cette merveille (?) avant la fin de la gigantesque tournée promo Get Behind Me Satan des White Stripes... Soit pas avant 2006 !

J'ai hâte d'écouter ça. Il est ambitieux ce Jack mais j'ai bien peur que ce pari soit presque impossible.

Juste pour précision vu que tu n'es as le premier à faire la confusion : Ce n'est pas Jack White lui même qui prétend faire un nouveau Nevermind, mais ceux qui ont travaillé avec lui qui après écoute l'annonce comme tel...

Ca parait effectivement très difficile... Mais au même temps quant on s'appelle Jack White et qu'on a un Brendan Benson à côté, ça s'annonce effectivement très très bien.

Je ne pense que ça été publié auparavant mais voici quelques news sur le prochain album de Nickelback :

Canadian rock act Nickleback is putting the finishing touches on its next studio album, which will be released Oct. 4 via Roadrunner. The as-yet-untitled set was produced by the band and recorded at frontman Chad Kroeger's home studio. It's the follow-up to 2003's "The Long Road," which has sold more than 2.7 million copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

Billboard.com recently previewed three tracks from the set, including the potential singles "Photograph" and "Savin' Me." The former is a mid-tempo reflection on days gone by, as Kroeger recalls wasting time in “the old arcade” and his first kiss ("She's had a couple of kids since then / I haven't seen her since God knows when")."Savin' Me" doesn't stray far from the sound of past singles like "Someday," but adds acoustic guitar touches and a bit of piano at its conclusion. "Fight for All the Wrong Reasons" is a more electric guitar-driven rocker a la Nickelback's breakthrough hit, "How You Remind Me."

The group has begun lining up late summer dates, beginning Aug. 25 in Las Vegas. A Sept. 10 appearance at NASCAR's Chevy Rock'n'Roll 500 in Richmond, Va., is also on tap. A more extensive tour is in the works for later in the fall.

In related news, Kroeger's 604 Records imprint has inked Motley Crue drummer Tommy Lee for the Canadian release of the artist's upcoming solo album, "Tommyland: The Ride." The disc is due Aug. 9 and features a guest appearance by Kroeger.

En voici d'autres sur le second album ,tant attendu, de Franz Ferdinand :

Franz Ferdinand is about a week away from locking down the track list for its sophomore album, which will be released Oct. 4 by Domino/Epic. "We haven't decided on a running order yet," lead singer Alex Kapranos tells Billboard.com by phone from the studio. "We've been through about 25 songs altogether and we're mixing 15 songs; of those 15, we'll probably choose 12 or 13."

Kapranos said he was confident the following tracks will end up making the album: "Do You Want To?" (the intended first single), "Walk Away," "Turn It On," "I'm Your Villain," "Evil and a Heathen," "This Boy," "Well, That Was Easy," "Outsiders" and "You Could Have It So Much Better.""We're very much a rhythm-driven band," Kapranos says. "We still want to make people dance, but we didn't want to repeat the same beats. We did experiment with a lot of different rhythms."

To that end, on the track "Outsiders," the group piled into one room around drummer Paul Thomson. "He had this weird contraption of a drum kit where he was playing half with a tambourine in one hand and the floor tom between his legs -- just to experiment with different ways of setting up," Kapranos recalls.

But Franz Ferdinand was most intent on "capturing more of the energy we have as a live band," Kapranos says. "I like the first record and the sound of it, but I'm not sure it completely captured that kind of unpredictability and rawness you have at a live concert."

Kapranos admits a handful of cuts needed more attention than others, particularly "Walk Away." "I wrote it on an acoustic guitar, just chords and a vocal melody," he says. "We arranged it in so many different ways. We had some versions with just me sitting with a guitar, others with a full-on rock group like the sound of the first record. I even re-wrote the whole chord progression for the beginning of the song. But in the end, we came back to what was pretty much the original version we were working on when we went into the studio."

"I'm Your Villain" was also "completely re-arranged. We even re-wrote the bass line and the chord progression." Kapranos says he'd like to release these alternate versions someday, since "I always find it interesting to hear bands going off on different tangents."

"Walk Away" is notable among the Franz Ferdinand canon, since according to Kapranos, "It probably wouldn't have appeared on the first album. It's more bare emotionally than anything on there. It's not exactly a ballad, but it's more of a ballad than we've ever written before."

The new album will most likely not have a title, and will only be distinguishable from its 2004 predecessor by its color scheme. "There's so many albums I have that I don't refer to by their real titles," Kapranos says. "The second Specials album is called 'More Specials,' but I always just call it 'the second Specials album.' I'm also quite interested to see what will happen, because I know people will choose their own name for it. It's a little bit of an experiment."

Franz Ferdinand's 2004 self-titled debut reached No. 32 on The Billboard 200 and has sold 941,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The single "Take Me Out" reached No. 3 on Billboard's Modern Rock chart and became one of the more ubiquitous tracks of the past year.

"You don't have 'neds' in America, but across the U.K., they're young, vaguely loutish teenage kids who dress up in track suits and like causing a bit of a riot," Kapranos says by way of introducing one of his favorite stories about the song's popularity. "A friend of mine was on a train in Glasgow and there was a gang of neds running up and down the train, smashing stuff up and singing 'Take Me Out.' She was actually a bit stoned at the time as well, and she thought they were singing it directly at her! She felt extremely paranoid, like, how do they know [Franz Ferdinand are] my pals?"

The group will begin a North American tour in late September, one of the first few dates of which will be an appearance at the Austin City Limits festival. "We're talking to a couple of bands but we can't announce that yet," Kapranos says of potential opening acts.

"We all used to spend so much time going to gigs, but when you're on the road, you're playing every night, so you don't always get to see other bands playing," he continues. "In fact, you probably see other bands less than you did before. So for us, it's great to take out bands like Sons And Daughters, the Futureheads, the Kills or the Fiery Furnaces, because it was good fun to watch them every night."

Source : www.billboard.com

Apparement, les 2 sortiraient le meme jour : Le 4 octobre.

Juste pour précision vu que tu n'es as le premier à faire la confusion : Ce n'est pas Jack White lui même qui prétend faire un nouveau Nevermind, mais ceux qui ont travaillé avec lui qui après écoute l'annonce comme tel...

Ca parait effectivement très difficile... Mais au même temps quant on s'appelle Jack White et qu'on a un Brendan Benson à côté, ça s'annonce effectivement très très bien.

Merci pour cette précision.

J'ai lu aussi que cet album allait avoir, soi-disant, peut-être le même impact que Nevermind. Ce serait vraiment génial et je l'espère vraiment. Mais je pense sincèrement que c'est impossible, le succès de Nevermind était innatendu et c'est ce qui le rend si mythique. Les plus grands succès ne sont jamais prédit à l'avance.

• Like 1

Oui d'autant plus, que c'est impossible de dire qu'un album va cartonné avant de l'avoir fait lol...

Enfin je suppose que le groupe de Jack voulait certainement parlé de qualité et non de ventes.

Pour Nickelback je m'en fou un peu, j'aime pas et Franz Ferdinand bein euu pareil ! 8)

Mais je pense sincèrement que c'est impossible, le succès de Nevermind était innatendu et c'est ce qui le rend si mythique. Les plus grands succès ne sont jamais prédit à l'avance.

Je suis d'accord avec toi,le but de Kurt Cobain n'était pas de devenir célèbre...

Même si ce futur album détrône Nevermind,Nevermind restera toujours un album majeur des années 90.

Ah si moi je suis content du retour des Nickelback, mais bon, je pense que c'est un groupe-tube

je doute qu'il cartonne vraiment

leur dernier album a fait un petit flop

Non, aux Etats-Unis je crois qu'il a été 2xPlatine mais après c'est sur que dans les autres pays (sauf le Canada) ca n'a pas marché des masses.

en meme temps ce n'est pas d'une innovation majeure, c'est cool s'ils nous font quelque chose qui change un peu parceque "Someday"  était quand même assez plat

Moi je n'aime que 'Hero' et leur tube je me souviens plus du nom. Le reste je n'aime pas trop enfin c'est toujours pareil.

Radiohead devrait finir leur nouvel album vers fin 2005. Sortie prevue début 2006. Le groupe annonce une période de changement.

Pour les Yeah Yeah Yeahs, ben à peu près la même chose: studio en automne, album en début d'année prochaine, le groupe veut "se réinventer"...

• 4 semaines après...
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...