Aller au contenu

Usher | Looking For Myself

Messages recommandés

Usher est de retour cette année avec son 7ème album studio qui fait suite à son précédent opus, Raymond v Raymond. Il déclare avoir été en studio avec Labrinth pour une chanson encore non finalisée et a également exprimé son envie de faire un duo avec Adele.

Prévu pour une sortie ce printemps, un premier single a été lancé il y a quelques semaines, Climax produit par Diplo et classé actuellement #45 au Billboard Hot 100. Aucune date n'a été avancée cependant.

• Like 10

Climax n'est qu'un single buzz alors ?

Pourquoi ce serait un single buzz ? Aux dernières nouvelles, c'est et ça reste le lead single de l'album. Surtout que ça a l'air de bien prendre.

Bon par contre qu'il garde sa collabo avec Adele, j'en veux pas perso. Je sens que cet album sera assez pop et électronique...

James Ingham, un journaliste du Daily Star a comparé le projet à... Talk That Talk de Rihanna. ^^

Impressed with Usher’s new album. Hard to describe but a mix of everything thrown into one. Think ‘Confessions’ for 2012″. If I had to describe I’d say Usher’s new album is like the male version of Rihanna’s ‘Talk That Talk'.

Y'all mad.

73379_tumblr_lzk9iaFBQL1qder2jo2_250.gif

ADORE Climax. J'aimerais bien 2-3 autres titres de la même veine sur son nouvel opus.

Pour moi Usher, c'est avant tout Confessions et ses premiers albums... 8701, quelle bombe.

J'ai été très surpris d'apprendre qu'il travaillait avec Labrinth (qui a produit Finish Line, tmtc Saxon ^^).

S'il lui donne le même genre de prods qu'à Tinie Tempah, effectivement ça sera plus électronique qu'autre chose.

• Like 2

Je réécoute en ce moment même Monstar, et je me dis que sa tentative d'évoluer vers de nouvelles sonorités était une totale réussite en ce qui concerne ce titre en particulier, un vrai renouvellement dans sa carrière sans pour autant être médiocre, la prod est originale et impeccable, encore aujourd'hui. Ce titre vieillira bien et c'est pour moi, avec Mars vs. Venus les deux titres que j'écoute encore de RvR, Terry Lewis oblige en même temps. ^^

Je m'attends également à 3-4 pistes potables, comme Steevy et j'espère que ce sera justement le fruit d'une nouvelle collaboration entre lui et ce cher Terry. :)

Il y a une session d'écoute de morceaux non finalisés la nuit dernière à Londres. Et apparemment le titre de l'album n'aurait pas encore été choisi et ne s'intitulerait donc pas The Shanterance... That Grape Juice a eu l'occasion d'y assister.

Track-By-Track Preview:

Please note, as tracks are still in finishing stages, no titles were provided. Just played.

Track #1 - Climax: Need we say more?

Track #2 – Unnamed: Dance-heavy. Synth-heavy. Evocative of ‘DJ Got Us Falling In Love’.

Track #3 - Looking For Myself (TBC): Wholly “different” for Usher and unlike anything we’ve thus far from him. A guitar-driven, bouncy, Urban-meets-Pop mid-tempo. Solid.

Track #4 - Take That Dive (TBC): Produced by Rico Love (as per his trademark “turn the lights on”). A distinctly R&B mid-tempo with a pulsating “thump”. Great vocal production in the way of layering and texture. Boasts an anthemic chorus.

Track #5 - Unnamed: Perhaps the most “interesting” cut of the bunch, its Caribbean-flavoured production presents a unique backdrop for Usher’s patois inspired delivery. “Oh na, this woman put a hex on me. She finna put that sex on me”. Great track.

Track #6 - Let Me See (TBC): As became a trend with the latter cuts, this whimsical number seemingly offered up a number of songs in one. Beginning like a quiet storm of sorts (think Kelly Rowland‘s ‘Motivation’), the track builds into a busy climax.

Track #7 - Unnamed: Easily the most “radio-ready” of the tracks, this is clearly geared at the dancefloor. Heavy on the Pop gloss, this features a pronounced “stomp”, as the singer belts laid-back lyrics “show my what you come her for”. A definite party/ club cut.

Track #8 - Unnamed: Urban-Dance at its premium, balanced best. While lyrically not offering much, the pulsating production takes centre-stage here. Usher infectiously sings “I hope you’re ready to go all night. Let me hear you say “oh baby”, “oh baby”, “oh baby”. An uptempo if we’ve heard one, the bridge sees things slow right down into border-line ballad territory, building into a euphoric last chorus. Epic and a “must” for the single treatment.

Track #9 - Unnamed: Clearly, the best was saved until last. As this uptempo was an absolute banger (and received a unanimous round of applause). Best characterised as schizophrenic, this Electro-Pop-Urban fusion effortlessly weaves three tracks into one. Leaving no confusion as to the song’s agenda, the star sings “we came to party up, we came to party up” over the Ibiza ready chorus. A monster smash.

The Sound:

Immediately palpable is that Usher has re-embraced his R&B roots. Indeed, fans of his Urban offerings will be pleased to discover that current single ‘Climax’ isn’t a fluke. Present on the project are a vast number of markedly “Urban” cuts. And while recent efforts haven’t been wholly Pop affairs, they’ve arguably lacked in single-worthy R&B numbers. A relative issue which has been consciously remedied this go round.

Talking to That Grape Juice at the event, the Grammy winner said: “I really wanted to bring back the soulfulness this time. And yet do so from a different perspective. A perspective of growth”.

To help craft such material, the singer tells That Grape Juice that he has enlisted Rico Love, Salaam Remi, Luke Steel, Swedish House Mafia, Diplo, among others.

And while Urban is where the heart is, it’s important to stress that the 34 year old hasn’t ditched dancefloor. And why would he? The likes of ‘OMG’ and ‘DJ Got Us Falling In Love’ serve as some of his biggest hits yet. As such, tracks in vein of both also appear.

Misc:

* Contrary to erroneous reports, the album is not titled ‘The Shanterance’. Prayer works.

* A title has not been decided, as of yet.

Invité
Ce sujet ne peut plus recevoir de nouvelles réponses.
  • Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...