Aller au contenu

M.I.A. | MATA (14.10.22)

Messages recommandés

Le 3ème album de la chanteuse d'origine Indienne M.I.A. (de son vrai nom Mathangi "Maya" Arulpragasam) devrait sortir cet été. Pour le moment, il s'appelle Mission.Impossible.Area et la chanson Space Odyssey (disponible sur son MySpace) devrait y figurer.

9 janvier, sur Rap-Up.com:

Citation
mia-jimmy-choo-4-475x313.jpg

M.I.A. has never been one to follow trends, and on her first album since giving birth to her son, she’s got a few surprises in store, including one very unusual collaboration.

After five months of work, the “Paper Planes” singer tells Rolling Stone that she is putting final touches on the follow-up to 2007’s Kala, due this summer.

This time around, M.I.A. worked mainly with Baltimore producer Blaqstarr. “[He] simply makes music that sounds good, and I needed that,” she tells the magazine. “I definitely needed to come to music on this album, to make music. I don’t want it to be gimmicky or silly or hipstery.”

The mother of one describes the as-yet-untitled album as “honest.” “I just want to be real, whatever that is,” she explains. “Even if my songs are shit, and if I have flaws and if I’m confused, if I offend people or if I don’t offend people, I might try to work it out in public, just so you know that it’s OK to think, that thinking’s not a dirty word.”

Fans can look forward to more singing, in addition to rapping, from the 34-year-old Brit. “I just stopped singing on the last one because I put more emphasis into production, so I was more about making beats and sang less on my last album.”

Among the new tracks are “I Fight the Ones That Fight Me” and “I’m Down Like Your Internet Connection,” which features Filipino Verizon workers singing on the hook. “I was having issues with my cable and wireless, and I was on the phone [with tech support] for three hours, and I thought, ‘Maybe this needs to be part of my music, could you just learn these lyrics and sing it down the phone to me?’ Ten phone calls later, I have Internet that sticks and a song.”

EDIT 5 juin; 13h05:

En fait, l'album s'appellera /\/\ /\ Y /\ (son vrai prénom est Maya) et sortira le 13 juillet!

MAYA.jpg
1. The Message
2. Born Free
3. Meds And Feds
4. Lovealot
5. Tequilla
6. It Is What It Is
7. XXXO
8. Tell Me Why
9. Story Told
10. Space

• Like 4

ah cool ravi de son retour j'avais acheté son précédent opus quand il est sorti y'a pas mal d'année maintenant, je suis content qu'elle devienne de plus en plus connu elle est très doué

(au fait elle a vécu adolescente en Inde mais en fait elle est d'origine tamoul sri lankaise, elle avait fuit le sri lanka avec sa famille pour des problèmes de sécurité :) et de nationalité elle est donc anglaise vu qu'elle est née à Londres)

• 2 mois après...

Le producteur/DJ Diplo (qui lui a produit Bucky Done Gun, Paper Planes, et d'autres chansons de Santogold) a parlé du nouvel album de M.I.A. à MTV.com.

Il sortira probablement en juillet plutôt que juin. Il dit que l'album est "bizarre" et "cool" et c'est un mix entre du gospel, du punk, du Animal Collective, de Motown, etc. :crazylove:

On Monday, blogs began noticing M.I.A.'s growing slate of summer festival gigs, which seemed to lend credence to earlier reports that she'd be releasing the follow-up to her Kala album in the coming months.

And according to producer Diplo, who worked on the album, that's very much the case. Though it's looking more like the record will see the light of day in July, rather than June as had been speculated. But that's not all he told MTV News when we caught up with him last weekend in Austin at South by Southwest.

"[The album] is cool. I think that she's just wrapping up the mixing and stuff. I was in New York on Thursday, before I came here, I was mixing down the last single for it," Dip explained. "It's a record I did for her that's sort of ... you can't even [explain] what it would sound like. It's sort of like an Animal Collective/ gospel/ giant-drum record. And she's singing on it. I think you might expect some rap/club music, but nothing on there. It's more of a heavy record. All kinds of different sounds. We did, like, a punk thing. ... It's weird."

That assessment seems to be in line with what M.I.A. told British mag NME earlier this year, saying that her new album is "really odd" and "more musical" and features "no gimmicks." And according to Diplo, those ambitions have made for a very interesting collection of songs.

"It's definitely more 'vibe-y,' I think. We'll see if people like it," he smiled. "My job is to kind of pull it together and make something of it."

Diplo singled out the track he had just finished mixing — a song called "Tell Me Why" — as a favorite, and said that the still-untitled album is very much an ambitious, deeply personal effort for M.I.A.

" 'Tell Me Why' is great," he said. "It's a big, kinda giant-sounding record. ... It sounds like some Wall of Sound, Motown kind of thing. It's just me and Switch producing the album, and Blaqstarr did a couple of tracks, too. There are no surprise producers. No guest stars. It's just her on it. She's got a good attitude about it. She's excited for people to hear it."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1634509/20100323/mia__4_.jhtml

• 5 semaines après...

C'est vrai que les 2 morceaux n'ont un peu rien à voir ! J'ai au final peut être une préférence pour Born Free, XXXO fait un semblant commercial et presque facile. D'ailleurs, je me surprend à aimer la vidéo de Born Free, alors que je n'apprécie guère Gavras. Ca met bien en valeur la chanson.

Invité Stan

Entre la pochette du single et celle de l'album mon cœur balance.

Mon dieu que c'est moche ...et pauvre visuellement :lol: .

J'aime beaucoup Xxxo sinon , le refrain est vraiment sympa. Hate d'écouter la suite. ^^

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...