Aller au contenu

Annie | Dark Hearts - 16.10.20

Messages recommandés

tumblr_kyd8ss2I2E1qb8gffo1_1280.jpg

Annie est une chanteuse pop norvégienne, responsable d'un fabuleux album en 2005 intitulé Anniemal.

Annie propose depuis son premier single The Greatest Hit en 1999 un pop electro synthétique qui n'a jamais vraiment rencontré son public, mais reste une des artistes fétiches des critiques pop branchés qui voient en elle une alternative pop "crédible".

Il faut dire qu'elle sait s'entourer, Richard X travaillant avec elle depuis ses débuts, ainsi que Xenomania sur l'album Don't Stop sorti en 2009 après moult péripéties : la signature d'un contrat avec Island Records qui fut rompu en 2008 avant même que l'album ne sorte (ce qui n'a pas empêché le leak de cette version originale la même année). L'album sortira finalement fin 2009 en indépendant, précédé d'un single produit par Richard X, Anthonio.

Un nouvel EP arrive très vite, précédé d'un nouveau single intitulé TUBE STOPS AND LONELY HEARTS

Mais pour les néophytes, quelques faits d'armes :

THE GREATEST HIT (1999)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fX2_iNK_m4

HEARTBEAT (2003)

CHEWING GUM (2003)

I KNOW UR GIRLFRIEND HATES ME (2008)

ANTHONIO (2009)

SONGS REMIND ME OF YOU (2009)

• Like 5

Lol je me suis fait doublé à 15 minutes près on dirais ! ^^

Je suis un grand fan de Anniemal (j'avais acheté le cd à plus de 20€pour en fait découvrir qu'il manquait la galette en ouvrant le disque, j'en ais racheté un autre ... je suis fan non ? :D), c'était un album exceptionnel et là franchement, Girlfriend qui garde les même sonorités c'est du tout bon ! J'attends cet album comme le messie de 2008 ! :P

annielogonew.jpg

Pour ceux qui d'ailleurs auraient un peu oublié la belle depuis Anniemal, n'oubliez pas cette collaboration avec Ercola intitulée "Follow Me".

cBOG1LLkYe4

Ercola feat. Annie - Follow Me (Extraits)

A noter également que Annie a remplacé Girlfriend sur son Myspace par un extrait de celle ci. Et elle a bien eut raison dans le sens ou certains ont déjà piqué illégalement la chanson.

• 1 mois après...

Allez hop, et un 3e post à la suite ... Bon tout le monde a vu le clip de Girlfriend, enfin j'espère, alors voici la suite !

Voici quelqu'un de chanceux qui a écouté quelques morceaux du nouvel album (en anglais certes, mais on comprend suffisamment l'enthousiasme du gars) :

Anniematronic

Plop! Look what has landed in the Discopop Towers letterbox. It's a sampler for Annie's sophomore album - and major label debut - Don't Stop. Four years in the making, it has left the poor dear looking a little bit worse for wear:

annie_dont_stop-717237.jpg

Don't Stop isn't out 'til July, but here's what we learn from these first five tracks.

I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me

Ugly text-speak typography aside, this a a great little pop nugget. A sonic sister to Annie's Chewing Gum, it suggests that writer/producer Richard X hasn't progressed much since Some Girls in 2004. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. The song climaxes, for no apparent reason, with the sound of an ice cream van.

Key lyric: Ring-a-ding-a-ding-ding-ding-ding, Ring-a-ding-a-ding-ding

My Love Is Better

There are no liner notes on the CD, but I'm willing to bet my right arm that this is a Xenomania track. I've always found the team's non-Girls Aloud songs rather anonymous, but this one perfectly captures the feisty funk of the former Pop Stars finalists. The lyrics are basically saying 'I'm better than you, so ner ner ner' and, if I'm not mistaken, the actual Girls Aloud are hanging around on backing vocal duties.

Key lyric: Betting that your bark has nothing on my bite.

When The Night

Annie is experiencing some nocturnal angst, like dracula but without the blood lust. A classy, understated ballad that wouldn't sound out of place on the Pet Shop Boy's Behaviour album.

Key lyric: I'm burning like a moth attracted to the flame, but better that I burn than slowly fade away.

Marie Cherie

A song about nobel prize-winning radioactivity pioneer Marie Curie [are you sure about this? - Ed]. Another dramatic ballad, replete with sweeping strings and whispered harmonies. Serge Gainsbourg would be proud. And so would St Etienne. Me, I'm not so sure...

Key lyric: Her skin's like velvet cream. She never made a sweet sixteen.

Songs Remind Me Of You

The only track on this sampler that brings to mind the extended disco magnificence of Come Together from Annie's debut, Anniemal. Focused around a bubbling Giorgio Moroder bassline, the song is addressed to a former lover whose songs haunt Annie's every waking minute. It ends with a gong, as all great pop songs should.

Key lyric: How does it feel to hear your songs on the radio?

Can't wait to hear the rest of the material... You might be able to catch some of it at Annie's forthcoming UK DJ shows. Details on her Myspace page.

(source discopop)

annie_web.jpg

Edit : Article bonus ! Yeah ! ^_^

Article popjustice en anglais (en gros, attendez vous a du lourd !) :

annie2008360.jpg

Here is the news: Annie's new album, 'Don't Stop', is a complete modern masterpiece and you are going to love it. Most of it was recorded in the last twelve months with new recruits Xenomania joining established collaborators Timo and Richard X, and the result is a mix of styles which won't scare Annie's existing fans but might actually give her some proper hit singles.

One of the future singles - probably the next one, after 'Girlfriend' - is going to be 'My Love Is Better'. It's unmistakeably a Xenomania track - similar in feel to 'Long Hot Summer' or 'You Freak Me Out' - which features guitar work from Alex Kapranos. Its chorus is a call and response session with Girls Aloud along the lines of:

Annie: My love is better

Girls Aloud: Than your love

Annie: My lips are wetter

Girls Aloud: Than your lips

And so on. One of the best songs on the album is another Xenomania track called 'Sweet' which has all the hallmarks of a summertime airplay smash. Along with the single 'Girlfriend', Richard X has also worked with Annie on the incendiary dancefloor anthem 'Songs Remind Me Of You', which was originally demoed A MILLION YEARS AGO - so long ago, in fact, that it was first played in a nitespot environment at the Popjustice Christmas party in 2005. 'Loco' is a sort of Blondie-esque belter whose chorus trills "you're so loco, everybody says that you're a no-go" - a lyric which is probably the only misfire on the whole album. Elsewhere, 'Heaven & Hell' is a jaunty summery number which sounds a bit like Saint Etienne and contains one of our favourite lines from the album: "tell me, tell me what did I do wrong? Oh baby, I'm perfect".

Fans of cliche will appreciate the fact that this is (ahem) 'very much an album of two halves', and the flipside to the upbeat element is a series of atmospheric, clever and adventurous songs which give the album a really exciting edge. Annie describes 'When The Night' as her first power ballad, while 'Marie Cherie' is a song about a girl who, after being abused by her father, kills herself, and nobody notices she's gone... There's also a gothic 'n' ghostly electroballad called 'Take U Home', while 'Misery', featuring Frederik from Datarock, sounds like Sigue Sigue Sputnik with a massive chorus of "it's been a long time since you've been in my head ... I wish that you were dead".

When we had a chat with Annie a few months ago she wrote us a tracklisting which is obvously 'subject to change', as these things always are, but this is how it looked.

anniedontstoptracklist.jpg

There's some wild and crazy bracket scribbling going on there, isn't there.

Anyway, 'Don't Stop' is an album which somehow manages to cover pretty much everything we love about pop music, and we've got a feeling it's going to tick quite a few of your own boxes, too.

Bon je vois vraiment pas ce que viennent faire ces Girls Aloud sur un album visiblement inventif mais bon ... La tracklist sur la feuille de calepin n'est pas définitive mais ressemblerait à ce que l'on aura sur notre copie en Juillet prochain.

Invité TheShow
Article popjustice en anglais (en gros, attendez vous a du lourd !) :

Bon je vois vraiment pas ce que viennent faire ces Girls Aloud sur un album visiblement inventif mais bon ... La tracklist sur la feuille de calepin n'est pas définitive mais ressemblerait à ce que l'on aura sur notre copie en Juillet prochain.

Les Girls Aloud vont être sur cet album? :unsure::crazylove: j'espère que ce sera vrai j'ai hate d'écouter si elles chantent avec Annie :P

• 3 semaines après...

Si comme moi, vous vous êtes inscrits a la mailing list du site officiel, vous allez avoir une grande surprise dans votre petite boîte...

Un e-mail de la belle avec des news (single en Juillet, album repoussé en Septembre :crybaby: ) mais le plus IMPORTANT!!! un sampler de 11 minutes avec la plupart des chansons du nouvel album Don't Stop!!!! Du pur bonheur! Plus qu'a attendre la rentrée, qui s'annonce d'ores et déja alléchante... (Annie, Ace of Base, Elsa, Sophie E-B,...).

Voici également la délicieuse pochette du single.

PACPIC.jpg

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...