Aller au contenu

James Blunt - All The Lost Souls

Messages recommandés

Voici le bulletin reçu par les "amis" de James Blunt sur MySpace:

JAMES BLUNT RETURNS WITH "ALL THE LOST SOULS"

SECOND ALBUM SET FOR SEPTEMBER RELEASE

FIRST SINGLE, "1973," OUT JULY 23RD

LIVE EARTH PERFORMANCE SLATED IN LONDON

Custard/Atlantic Records has announced the forthcoming release of the eagerly awaited second album from multi-platinum singer/songwriter James Blunt. Entitled "ALL THE LOST SOULS," the album will be released outside the U.S. on September 17th, with its North American release slated for the following day. The first single from the album, "1973," will premiere worldwide on July 23rd. "ALL THE LOST SOULS" comes nearly three years after the original October 2004 UK release of Blunt's breakthrough debut, "BACK TO BEDLAM," and two years following its U.S. release in October 2005.

"ALL THE LOST SOULS" was recorded and mixed in Los Angeles with producer Tom Rothrock, who also oversaw "BACK TO BEDLAM." The new collection features several songs that became road-tested favorites in the course of Blunt's marathon touring during 2006 - including "1973," "I Really Want You," "Same Mistake," and "Annie." Backing Blunt throughout "ALL THE LOST SOULS" is his long-standing live band of keyboardist Paul Beard, guitarist Ben Castle, bassist Malcolm Moore, and drummer Karl Brazil.

"For me, there was absolutely no pressure whatsoever," says Blunt. "Having sold over 11 million albums, I know that the likelihood of doing that again is really minimal. Instead of setting that as a target, I set out to do and record something that I really enjoy, that I'm really happy with. It was a release, in a way. It's something that I can say shows my growth and a development as a songwriter and as a musician, shows development in my own life, and records and documents it in that way."

Among his activities leading up to the release of "ALL THE LOST SOULS," Blunt will perform at London's Wembley Stadium on July 7th as part of the monumental "Live Earth" music event. The global concerts will feature 24 hours of music spanning 7 continents, bringing together more than 2 billion people to combat the climate crisis.

The UK release of James Blunt's debut album, "BACK TO BEDLAM," in October of 2004 marked the beginning of a remarkable musical story. With his compelling songs, captivating voice, and charismatic presence, Blunt gradually built a passionate following through constant gigging and contagious word-of-mouth.

Two years later, "BACK TO BEDLAM" had sold some 11 million copies around the world and Blunt had become an unlikely chart-topper, evolving from musical obscurity into global stardom. The album held the #1 spot in Blunt's native UK for a remarkable nine weeks, with the single "You're Beautiful" topping the charts for five. James became the biggest-selling artist of 2005 in the UK, where he earned two prestigious BRIT Awards.

"BACK TO BEDLAM" went on to hit #1 in 16 territories around the world, and ranked at #1 on the European Top 100 Albums chart for over two months. Blunt garnered two World Music Awards and an MTV Europe Music Award.

In the U.S., "BACK TO BEDLAM" earned RIAA double platinum certification, while Blunt gathered a remarkable five Grammy nominations and two MTV VMA Awards. When "You're Beautiful" hit #1 on the Billboard Hot 100, James became the first British artist to top the U.S. singles charts since Elton John with "Candle In The Wind 1997."

James's breakthrough was documented on the DVD release, "CHASING TIME: THE BEDLAM SESSIONS." Along with a live concert filmed at BBC Studios in London, it includes over an hour of extras, including video clips and "making of the video" features, a documentary, an interview with James, and a photo gallery.

Blunt is a staunch supporter of Doctors Without Borders/ Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF), the international medical humanitarian organization. He personally witnessed the organization's life-saving work while stationed with the British army in Kosovo, where he served as a reconnaissance officer with the NATO peacekeeping force. Throughout his 2006 world tour, Blunt worked to increase awareness and generate much-needed funds for Doctors Without Borders/MSF.

# # #

Pour les non-anglophones, en gros: le nouvel album "All the lost souls" sort le 17 septembre hors US. Le premier single est prévu pour le 23 juillet et s'appelle "1973". Le reste est du blabla promo sur la réussite de ses deux albums précédents.

Le dernier paragraphe dit qu'il supporte Medecin sans Frontières dont il a pu lui-même juger du travail lors de son séjour au Kosovo dans l'armée anglaise.

Je n'avais pas vraiment adhéré à ce qu'il avait fais avec son dernier album, mis à part pour you're beautiful mais qui m'a vite saoulé à force de l'entendre partout, et high qui était plutot agréable à l'écoute.

J'espère moins de ballades larmoyantes où on dirait qu'il est au bord du suicide, pour cette album.

Sinon il faut avouer qu'il a une trés belle voix, assez particulière, et les paroles de la chanson "no baravery" pour dénnoncer la guerre, assez marquantes.

J'ai hâte de me procurer ce nouvel album!

James Blunt m'a enchanté avec Back To Bedlam, m'a conquis avec Chasing Times, je me languis d'entendre ce troisième opus.

Bon, le titre du premier single ne me plait pas énormément (pas fan des titres d'album/single avec des années), et j'ai très peur de ce qu'il va proposer: trop proche, ou trop éloigné de ce qu'il fait habituellement.

Je croise les doigts.

J'attends cet album ayant adoré le premier. Mais il sera difficile pour lui de faire oublier "Back to Bedlam", le 2nd album est toujours un cap difficile à franchir.

Son retour un peu rapide je trouve suite à un album qui a été un énorme succès.

Mouais ... je sens que je ne vais pas adhérer !

J'avais acheter l'album Back to bedlam le jour de sa sortie, quand il était presque inconnu, et j'avais aimé son timbre de voix, son style, sa guitare et quelques textes (parceque Beautiful bn'est pas vraiemnt brillant a ce niveau là !)

Et puis comme la plupart des personnes je pense, je m'en suis lassé a un point !

Moi je me serais bien limité a No Bravery, Out of time et Tears and rain ... Depuis je ne l'écoute plus, et pire encore, sa voix m'insupporte.

Et comme dit precedemment, rien que le nom de l'album n'inspire pas vraiment un renouveau euphorique !

non pas moi, je ne me suis jamais lassé de james blunt. Comme l'a dit MJ y a pas longtemps, au début, avant qu'il soit superstar, tout le monde le trouvait brillant le james blunt, un album de qualité, de chouettes chansons...et puis il a fallu qu'il vende des millions de son disque pour que tous les compliments qu'on faisait sur lui s'envolent en fumée...??

on l'a peut être beaucoup entendu à la radio (mais pas plus que d'autres) mais ses chansons n'ont pas changé et son album reste de qualité, et moi je lui fais confiance pour faire de la musique de qualité et donc pour ce 2nd album...je suis sûre qu'il sera aussi bon.

• Membres qui parcourent ce sujet   0 membres

• Aucun utilisateur enregistré regarde cette page.
  • Créer...